Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2005, 05:02 PM

Default Re: prima poker sites

I have played a bit on aztec. Warning, though, you will need to scan and send your ID and a utility bill before cashing out. Have played on TGC too, nothing to complain about at that site.
Old 03-13-2005, 05:51 PM

There is a Scandinavian Prima-skin with called expekt (www.expekt.com)
why does it has such a good reputation?
They don't offer rakeback and a lot of prima skins do, why would a Scandinavian pro play there?
Old 03-13-2005, 05:53 PM

i always see plenty of scandinavians playing at prima, and have never known why. perhaps that is way. maybe expect has great advertising there is all. don't know.
Old 03-13-2005, 05:59 PM

i always see plenty of scandinavians playing at prima, and have never known why. perhaps that is way. maybe expect has great advertising there is all. don't know.

But how do you know they're playing on expekt? If they're that good, they should know other skins offer rakeback. There's no reason why they should stay at expekt.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If they're that good, they should know other skins offer rakeback. There's no reason why they should stay at expekt.

[/ QUOTE ]
in a thread last month, weren't you saying how surprised you were about low limit players who were asking about rakeback that would actually pay them much (and certainly not more than a bonus would)? an overwhelming majority of casual online players do not play under rakeback and would not benefit significantly from that compared to simple bonus whoring.

even now 2 days after the pokernow "scandal" broke out, have you heard much grumbling on any of the other major poker boards out there about their rakeback besides 2+2? not really anything at all.

my guess is that expekt is marketed well in europe, fish like the 25% signup bonus with only 2x raked hands requirement, and they stick around and play their micro NL games a few times a week when they're home from work or class. they really couldn't care or even want to understand the concept of how the auxiliary income and calculation of rakeback works.

my personal criteria for deciding where to spend my playing time is much more focused on a) fishy players and b) bonus paid directly from the site, which is far more valuable in the long run for most players than rakeback. rakeback is only the tiebreaker between sites which meet (or don't meet) the first two criteria equally, and even then it may or may not make any significant difference in the long run.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:38 PM

weren't you saying how surprised you were
Yes that was me.
not that I really remember what I post. but it sounds like me.

Expekt is very well marketed ithrough Scandinavian players. And yes fish like easy bonuses, but we're talking about the tough Scandinavian players who plays lots of hands. Why would they play at expekt instead of gaming club? Or Royal Vegas? They can get 35% or more rakeback. If you would play on another skin you'll have all your criteria:
a) fishy players: it's a skin so it's the same
b) expekt pays a small first time bonus. Gaming club for example pays up to $300 bonus.

I don't know if you're defending expekt or not, but I'm not attacking anyone. Expekt is a well respected and they run their business very well. And I'm not promoting gaming club, I could't care less if they do well or not. It was a good example because they give the biggest bonus of all the prima skins.
I'm just curious why all the strong Scandinavian players keep playing on a site where they do not offer rake back. And they could play against the same players through another site that offers a bigger bonus and a rake back.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:57 PM

just reread what playersare said (basically expanded on what i said). you're right, hung. they shouldn't stay there. doesn't mean they don't. maybe they'd move if you could inform them of gcp, maybe they wouldn't. maybe it'd be too much of a hassle.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:03 PM

I don't offer rake back.
But this is an open market for those that do.
If you guys get rich with these Scandinavian guys, please remember who brought this up [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2005, 09:49 PM

I played for almost a year on 7Sultans and never had any problems the whole time. I made many cashouts and never had a problem (and never was harrassed for ID or anything).
So basically I would heartily recommend them, although I'm sure there are many other good Prima sites (Gaming Club seems good - a representative always takes time here on 2+2 to answer questions).

Ryan
Old 03-13-2005, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've played a couple of them, and settled on Golden Riviera as my favorite. 100% first buy in match, and free $20 every weekend with a $50 purchase.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the max bonus on this?