Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 04:02 AM

Default Re: Post Flop Play

[ QUOTE ]
I think a push all in here is evil. I push in.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seriously think an average $5/$10 blind NL1000 player with an overpair can't get away from this? Even at $2/$4 blinds, people with only one pair postflop tend to not back their stacks with it in a limped pot. They start becoming aware that it's a serious leak, otherwise they won't be playing NL1000 for long. Personally, if I feel he has a worse hand, I don't want to let him off the hook, but at the same time if he has a better hand, I want to lose less.

Garland
Old 05-19-2005, 04:18 AM

im never folding on the flop.

[ QUOTE ]
never folding here? are you saying you are going to the felt if say a 2c peels off on the turn?

if that is the case and you are that confident he is holding an overpair as often as you claim, then just call.

on a non-flush turn, you can bet weakly (1/3 pot) into him, and if he is holding an overpair, he may read you for pricing yourself into a flush-draw, and will subsequently raise you pretty big, and you can go ahead and 3-bet it in there.

on a flushing turn, you can make a case for either checking (hoping he will fear a transparent flush check-raise), or bet, it all kind of depends on the card.

i hate playing bottom two, out of position, against someone that is putting in a second raise, with a flush/straight draw on the board. he may have a hand like Ah10h that has you notched and is wanting to get all of his chips in the middle.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-19-2005, 05:31 AM

duh...2 PURE outs, if a 10 hits villian wont be able to capitalise. Outs that villian doesnt know are outs dont count.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:42 AM

No, thats not what I said. I said I think 30% of the time you get called. I think that most of the time AA will fold. But you only need a call less ¬25% of the time when you factor in that barely any turn helps you, and plenty will help villian either by a) improving him, b) shutting him down. With a 9 and 10 on board and no preflop raise, its tough for villian to put hero on a set. So villian has to put hero on 2 pair (tough) or a big draw out of position. I think AT LEAST 25% of the time the call is made.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:50 AM

Default this is a good time for a stop\'n\'go

well, given that you feel villain's range of hands here includes drawing hands and made hands that you are ahead of, the best play is to call his raise and lead out for the full pot (or close to it) on a safe turn card.....if he raises you there, I let it go......
Old 05-19-2005, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he just sat down then his stack size must be 1000.

[/ QUOTE ]

No such thing as buying in for less than max?
Old 05-19-2005, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Edit: remember he only has to call your push 30% of the time to make it +EV on check raising a turn, and thats assuming nothing goes wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you explain that clearer rabbit? thanks
Old 05-19-2005, 10:56 PM

I don't think you mind a fold with bottem 2 even if has an overpair, especially being out of positin without a great read. So though it may not be optimal, you can make a case for a push over the $150. The problem of course if he has a set or top 2, but it sounds like Kane is not getting away from it anyway if that is the holding.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you mind a fold with bottem 2 even if has an overpair, especially being out of positin without a great read. So though it may not be optimal, you can make a case for a push over the $150. The problem of course if he has a set or top 2, but it sounds like Kane is not getting away from it anyway if that is the holding.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i reraised on the flop, and he pushed, i might get away from it. when i said im never folding, i meant simply for that sole decision.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:37 PM

makes since, I would re-raise then $300 more to $450, and consider folding to a push.