Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 03:47 PM

Default Re: JJ in the SB

I read this than i threw up. Than i read it again and i threw up again and got mad cow disease. I cant imagine not 3 betting it PF.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You might want to explain your thought process to us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop, I suck

Flop, I suck

Next hand.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:49 PM

Default Re: JJ in the SB -- you\'ll hate this line

Even if this was a NL hand, I don't understand the flop fold. You'd think your mentality would be looking for an "all in" button and not the "fold" button.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:55 PM

I do hate it. MP2 is making a continuation bet and MP3 raises his draw/smaller pp/piece of the flop.
Why did you fold?
Old 12-08-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Weak-tight thinking. I am not loving those cards, esp an A, against this crowd, but by no means are you automatically beat on say a Q high board. Furthermore, you will flop an overpair a subtantial portion of the time (half?). And sometimes overs will fall with a J. Anyway, you're putting in 1/6th of the money for a hand that will win well over 1/6th of the time (maybe 45/50%?). Huge profit there, don't pass up on it. All those times your opponents miss the flop, you gain bigtime. And that will be often.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is just a fantastic post. Concepts straight out of SSHE, which is the first book you should read over and over again if you are a NL player but you want to learn limit.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:29 PM

You're going to flop a set or an overpair 48% of the time. The raise came in from late position. People who suck coldcalled the raise. You've got a boatload of equity, and need to 3-bet if you enjoy making money in LHE.

As is, check-3bet the flop. Your hand is severely underrepresented and is most likely the best hand.

Rob
Old 12-08-2005, 06:18 PM

there was no need to include any of the other action after your bad fold. I have no problem with PF, but, this is the perfect flop for you to CR three bet, this is why we only called PF. By doing a CR three bet we can blow out the field and get it HU. I don't know what kind of flop you were looking for other then flopping a set
Old 12-08-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not reraising out of the small blind may be standard in no limit for those sorts of reasons. It's not in limit. We three-bet JJ out of the blinds usually.

[/ QUOTE ]

here is a case where I will disagree. One major problem for people is putting in too much money PF being OOP. This hand is actually a good case for calling and working post flop. There can be pot manipulation in Limit, most of the time its not a good thing, but here it is. If hero is OTB, a three bet into a field is smart due to position. All we are doing is swelling the pot PF and we will be forced due to pot size to see at least the turn
Old 12-08-2005, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not reraising out of the small blind may be standard in no limit for those sorts of reasons. It's not in limit. We three-bet JJ out of the blinds usually.

[/ QUOTE ]

here is a case where I will disagree. One major problem for people is putting in too much money PF being OOP. This hand is actually a good case for calling and working post flop. There can be pot manipulation in Limit, most of the time its not a good thing, but here it is. If hero is OTB, a three bet into a field is smart due to position. All we are doing is swelling the pot PF and we will be forced due to pot size to see at least the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

With a late position raise and two awesome! coldcallers, you're going to be losing a lot more by calling and "keeping the pot small" to exascerbate their postflop errors than you will by exploiting their already sizable preflop errors. Raise it up.

Rob
Old 12-08-2005, 06:37 PM

Good post!! I agree! If you had to play this pre-flop scenario over 1,000 times . . . on average you make more money with the 3-bet.