Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 01:13 PM

Default Re: Table selection at 2/4 party using PAHUD

well if you're playing to get better, then practice good table selection, because it will be ever more important as you move up in stakes.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well if you're playing to get better, then practice good table selection, because it will be ever more important as you move up in stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also allows you to move up faster I guess
Old 12-10-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't worry about table selection.

I am looking to improve however and the money isn't a huge thing for me.

Is table selection more about money making properties? I play to get experience so is it better to play stronger opponents?

True

[/ QUOTE ]

That's good thinking. I'm sorry if Im HJ-ing the OP but when you play at lower limits you should be more concerned with getting better more than just making money from the fish.

Finding a good table is not anyhing hard- just use PAHud and find high VPIP low PFR tables.
Outplaying strong opponents is not that easy.
And in the end of the day there is only ONE way to improve your play - no matter how many books you read, how many posts you make here: Playing against strong competition.

That said: Of course you will make the biggest part of your games by applying table selection to make money. Maybe 90% fishy tables and 10% tough tables. Try the 2p2 tables.

BTW: Are we going to have a 2p2 game going anytime soon??
Old 12-10-2005, 04:39 PM

I can't believe, 12 replies and nobody has mentioned the buddy list. :sigh:

Use your buddy list on Party Poker. Learn to love it, for it will make you a ton of nice, pretty money over the months and years to come.

There are two basic ways to build your buddy list: add absolutely horrible players that you see on your tables, and add players with absolutely horrible stats that you find in your PT database after datamining. Once you have a list filled with 100+ VPIP 75+ guys, finding a good table to play at becomes a snap: just search the tables for your buddies, and sit down at whichever table(s) they're playing at (of course sticking to whatever games/limits you're comfortable playing).

When my buddies are all offline or playing the sit'n'gos, I usually just look for whichever tables have the highest average pot at my limit and join the waitlist. I keep one eye on the table/PAHUD to make sure it's really worth playing at as I wait, while with the other eye I look for other tables worth joining. And btw, the point made above is an excellent one: table VPIP isn't nearly as important as who's sitting at it. If you have one or two really bad/loose players, it's worth sitting at even if the overall VPIP is 21 or lower.

One excellent trick: scroll down the table list and see if there are any half-filled tables with decent average pots. For example, 5 people sitting at a table that's averaging 6 BBs per pot. A lot of multitablers don't bother to scroll down the list to look for tables, and a lot of the recreational players just waitlist for the first available table with at least 9 seated players, so these tables will often stay great for a good amount of time, and better yet, they'll often fill up with even more bad players. It does require that you be fairly comfortable with short-handed play, but you should be learning that at some point anyway.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe, 12 replies and nobody has mentioned PartyMine.

[/ QUOTE ]