Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 02:30 AM

Location: They call Los Angeles the City of Angels. I didn\'t find it to be that exactly, but I\'ll allow as there are some nice folks there.
Default Re: Do not open this thread if you don\'t like stupid dating questions.

[ QUOTE ]
I thought you two decided to pretend you didn't have feelings and instead to just be friends?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that was the conclusion of the first thread, before we "did anything." I never really came to a conclusion on the second or third ones.

[ QUOTE ]
If so well guess what this is what being friends with a girl you have feelings for is like. Congrats and enjoy.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
You see why I said not following your true feelings at the time was dumb now?

let me know if your truly interested it going somewhere with this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, a relationship is a two-way thing. It's not just about what I want. I guess where I am, and what some of you have been helping me with, is how do you treat a woman that you actually care about, not just a woman you want to SIIHP.

I heard a definition of love recently that I've been reflecting on: A willing of the well-being of the other person, and taking actions consistent with that.

It's quite a challenge.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:40 AM

well stranger you're past the point of playing it cool and just letting it happen.

You have two options

1) you call her up and ask her out on date. on this date you make it perfectly clear through your actions that you ar not wanting to be her friend but you wanting to be the guy that bones her

2) the less smooth route involves you simply calling her and saying hey I feel like im getting some mixed signals here and I want to know whats up. simple as that.

you need to stop letting the girl control the relationship period.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stranger meets girl in AA. They go out, kinda. They stop dating.
Stranger: "We're just friends. Cool."
Girl: "Now I can tell you I love you"
Stranger: "wtf"

Girl's family comes into town. She's pretty much ignores Stranger. Stranger is sad and disappointed. Now, girl is trying to get Stranger to meet her sister.

What should he do?

tl;dr

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks, tl;dr. going off the cliff notes:

girl is crazy. stop talking to her. the end.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought you two decided to pretend you didn't have feelings and instead to just be friends?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that was the conclusion of the first thread, before we "did anything." I never really came to a conclusion on the second or third ones.

[ QUOTE ]
If so well guess what this is what being friends with a girl you have feelings for is like. Congrats and enjoy.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
You see why I said not following your true feelings at the time was dumb now?

let me know if your truly interested it going somewhere with this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, a relationship is a two-way thing. It's not just about what I want. I guess where I am, and what some of you have been helping me with, is how do you treat a woman that you actually care about, not just a woman you want to SIIHP.

I heard a definition of love recently that I've been reflecting on: A willing of the well-being of the other person, and taking actions consistent with that.

It's quite a challenge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey man, I've been keeping up with this thread for a while, so my thoughts, for what they're worth.

First, you're not getting what you want, what you expect, or what you feel like you deserve, take your pick. You're obviously not understnading her recent behavior (not saying you should) and it doesn't feel good. It really does sound like you should take a step back from the situation, from her, and try to evaluate things....both yourself, and this girl. Mixed messages and a discrepancy in what you want are the worst things to have with someone. Don't fall into that. Have you mentioned any of these feelings to her? Have you talked about this somewhat confusing experience? Its better to figure things out than to wonder....
Old 08-03-2005, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WOW. You are asking the OOT a second time about the same girl AND you are in AA. You make me feel good about my life. You really just need to go hang out in a bar, get drunk and take home some bar fly (just like the good ol' days!). Not nearly as much drama!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I can wake up on the street, go look for my car keys, not make it to work, spend the night in jail for mouthing off to a cop, go apologize to my buddy for spilling a gallon of mustard on his carpet, and call my ex-gf who cheated on me blatantly for two years solid, bringing out the kind of rage I didn't know I had, but being too lonely and pathetic to give serious consideration to leaving her, well and because her family was filthy rich and I hated working. Make a vow to never drink again, wake up and do the whole thing over again until I die or am locked up in a psych ward. Good plan.

[/ QUOTE ]Damn, I wish I had that kind of self control. NH, sir.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stranger meets girl in AA. They go out, kinda. They stop dating.
Stranger: "We're just friends. Cool."
Girl: "Now I can tell you I love you"
Stranger: "wtf"

Girl's family comes into town. She's pretty much ignores Stranger. Stranger is sad and disappointed. Now, girl is trying to get Stranger to meet her sister.

What should he do?

tl;dr

[/ QUOTE ]

3-some?
Old 08-03-2005, 03:10 AM

Default Re: Do not open this thread if you don\'t like stupid dating questions. . .

I donno man, I think you are stressing it too much. I mean you kind of told her that things were going too fast and maybe she is trying to slow things down by taking some time off. I really think you should just let it all unfold, before you worry about her blowing you off. Plus, she is having you meet her sister, which means that you are important enough to her for her to talk about you. So...wait 'till thursday and see how it goes, also post results, I find this somewhat interesting.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:20 AM

Default Re: Do not open this thread if you don\'t like stupid dating questions. . .

[ QUOTE ]
Well, the rest of the day I was laid up in my room, trying to stretch my back. I texted her Sunday afternoon saying, "I'm really sore. I haven't left my room except to go to the bathroom. I'd really appreciate if you gave me a call, if you get a minute."

Sunday, nothing. Monday, nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like the tone of this text message at all. The last sentence sounds like something my wimpy former boss would say when he wanted me to do something. Would you send a text to a male friend like this? That said, maybe she didn't even receive it.

Anyway, why wouldn't you just go meet up Thursday and see what happens?
Old 08-03-2005, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I texted her Sunday afternoon saying, "I'm really sore. I haven't left my room except to go to the bathroom. I'd really appreciate if you gave me a call, if you get a minute."

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this play always got me laid.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:30 AM

dude, i have done quite a few AA chicks. they are there for a reason, they are nutbags.