Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Re: blind steal gone wrong

4 bet the river (even if it's not a cap)
Old 11-19-2005, 03:33 PM

Preflop: no worries.

Flop: I dunno why people are saying raise this. You have 6 not-great outs to top pair, and another 9 to a weak flush...not enough to raise for value, and I doubt you're folding a preflop defender for one more bet.

Turn: you made top pair, and SB doesn't care. I think I just call, here, unless SB is a really loose defender.

River: you made your flush, and SB donk-bets. I either just call this, or cap it, depending on my read. I think you're more likely to be shown a straight or A5 than a higher flush, but with the paired board a boat is possible, too, maybe 65.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Flop: I dunno why people are saying raise this. You have 6 not-great outs to top pair, and another 9 to a weak flush...not enough to raise for value, and I doubt you're folding a preflop defender for one more bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Free card or steal on the turn.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And if he 3-bets? If there's more than one player in before you, sure, raise it up, but since you're HU I think it makes much better sense to wait until you've made your hand.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And if he 3-bets? If there's more than one player in before you, sure, raise it up, but since you're HU I think it makes much better sense to wait until you've made your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can play both (call or raise). In HU hands against competent players the worst thing is to be predictable which happens when you play a hand the same way every time.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:19 PM

You really have to know whether or not he's capable of a re-steal to properly play this hand because his hand range changes dramatically. If he's not you play the flop the same and probably don't even raise the turn. If he is then usually raise the flop.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:27 PM

Grunch.

I would consider raising the flop for a free card, but probably just call. I'd raise only if I know that he'd back down, but if he has an overpair or something decent he'll either raise the flop or stop and go the turn.

I like the turn raise. You may have the best hand, it it looks like you might be doing the "wait to pop the turn move" if he does have an overpair or something else better than you. In that case, he may go into call down mode. Of course, value bet a nonthreatening river UI.

I'd call the river expecting to see a completed straight w/ a 7. From the sounds of the title of this post, he had a bigger flush. Oh well, bummer man. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]