Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 10:28 PM

Default Re: Ok, my turn to ask for medical\"ish\" advice...

I never had any serious problems before but I know that the following will make anything better might not fix it but will never make it worse.

Exercise

People don't know what this means and it is so simple. It means work hard at something for at least 1 hr everyday you breath air. Hard means hard and it means you have to work harder as you get stronger so get used to it and learn to like it.

Diet

The human body is made to be able to keep us alive with anything we can find to eat just incase we don't have a choice at the time. So I think you can eat whatever you want as long as it has no additives and is unprocessed for obvious reasons I don't need to explain. It is very important not to eat too much however. It is much better to not eat enough. Good luck on this one it is near impossible. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

This is the most important stuff and doctors get tired of telling people it as no one listens to them so they give up. I am not telling you to do this but it helps me remember it for myself if I say/type it out as I stray far from the ideal regularly like everyone else.

I think you might have a pinched nerve in your back/neck. Then when you are stressed in anyway you tense up and more pressure is put on the nerve causing the weakness. Or it is just your mental reaction to stress causing the weak feeling. Both are cured if you lose weight, if you need to. And increase cardio fitness which will also lower blood pressure ect.

Don't go to a back cracker as that is the easy way out and if it does work it won't work forever and you could make things worse. Exercise more and eat less. I hate the way I sound when I give advice. Like I know everything, which I don't. I have to remember to do these things also so assume I am talking to myself here. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2005, 10:50 PM

sounds like it might be some type of hypersensitivity condition, have they checked antibody titers?

the right sided business made me think about lymphatics, is it your legs too, or just your upper body?

this is a very odd condition indeed, i'd try to get a referral to a rheumatologist, they'd probably be your best bet for some answers
Old 08-28-2005, 09:12 PM

Your stomach problems might have more to do with it than you think. If you have ulcerative colitis which is an intestinal illness, your immune system may be really depleted and you may also be anemic which could cause the soreness. Arthritis is also associated with the disease even though it doesn't present with the same symptoms as normal arthritis. Maybe go to the gastroenterologist and discuss it with him/her. You'd be surprised how much your stomach and stomach problems can effect the rest of the body.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:56 PM

Lime disease? Doesn't that result in all kinds of soreness?

Actually my first thought was fibromyalgia. I have a friend who has that and she gets very sore muscles and muscle weakness, as well as sleeping problems coupled with extreme tiredness.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:47 PM

Classic Leukemia symptoms.