Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Wait for Turn in Huge Pot?

Raise. With last action and players trapped in between the SB capper and you, you need to raise this for value. SB may well 3-bet on the rebound, in which case some hand protection purposes are served. This is clearly NOT a wait until the turn type of situation, as there's no guarantee that the turn will get bet ahead of you, and any club is an ugly card. Get the money in on the flop, and let SB do some of the heavy lifting in terms of charging the draws and protecting your hand.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:59 PM

if club is a turn and sb leads again with the whole field calling, can we raise still?
Old 10-26-2005, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see any reason to wait for the turn here. A turn raise doesn't have any hand protection value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Waiting till the turn would be for value. Not for protection. This hand doesn't need/can't get any protection.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that there is no way to protect your hand here at all, so wouldn't a flop raise have a good amount of value in itself too. You are pushing your possible edge right now because it has a good amount of value
Old 10-27-2005, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you raise the flop he might call down with JJ/QQ, plus you get the other monkeys donating. If you call the flop then he won't lead QQ on the turn.

So, raise the flop to save you BBs against this player.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is basically correct. I raise the flop in this hand simply because I don't think Villian will lead with a hand we beat on the turn. The point of waiting is to trap the field with the best hand, not a tied or losing hand. That's why it's done mostly with sets.

Krishan