Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2004, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Best place to advertise poker sites?

hi,

i'd pop down to a few local card rooms, your UK right, why not pop down the vic or gutshot. i play most weekend at gutshot and when people are knocked out of the mtts they often play on the net in the bar upstairs. just strike up conversation and mention that you can get them rake back. i'm sure you'd get a few takers.

laters

harry
Old 10-11-2004, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Every affiliate on this site gets all of their business from this site by PMing people

[/ QUOTE ]

very far from the truth. those that do get sign ups through this site are mostly rake back deals.... the wrong way to go IMO... not worth the effort.

[ QUOTE ]
Along the same lines, why oh why would 15/30 players give advice to other 15/30 players.

[/ QUOTE ]

...because both players would benefit from poker discusion while if an affiliate gives advice to another affiliate the the benefit would only be in one direction. additionally, there are more players out there then affiliates so if you give advice to another affiliate this knowledge would be in the hands of a greater percentage of your "competition".

one posters has mentioned that B&Ms are a great place to get sign ups and i fully agree.... what better way to kill time between hands then having a little chat. i know many successful affiliates using this method.

i still believe that there is one uptapped outlet for affiliate advertising... and one that i will be pursuing when the situation is right. if you think hard enough about the demographics of poker players i think you should be able to come up with it. i would just PM you my idea but i want you to figure it out on your own... think outside the box [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

cubs
Old 10-11-2004, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
very far from the truth. those that do get sign ups through this site are mostly rake back deals.... the wrong way to go IMO... not worth the effort.

[/ QUOTE ]

This just isn't true and i don't care to share the details, if you want insight search for my post on eugeenel's affiliate.

[ QUOTE ]
because both players would benefit from poker discusion while if an affiliate gives advice to another affiliate the the benefit would only be in one direction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you honestly believe this when you refer to players like Clark, astro, RZ, anyone taking 2.5+bb/100h from the 15/30?

They give everything and take nothing (reason vehn left). That is what i was hoping for here.

[ QUOTE ]
there are more players out there then affiliates so if you give advice to another affiliate this knowledge would be in the hands of a greater percentage of your "competition".

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all, hence the reason of my post. When i asked for help i expected it for a marketing student etc. most affiliates do not branch in this direction hence i'm not taking their share. Also, the affiliates that have branched into marketing i doubt they have plans to advertise in local english areas. Agreed?

[ QUOTE ]
one posters has mentioned that B&Ms are a great place to get sign ups and i fully agree

[/ QUOTE ]

Every english B&M does not allows this, hence why i included examples in my post.

anyhow as an off topic rant i could say with almsot 100% certainity that you aren't signed up under an affiliate else you'd realise the money in it.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm also interested in how other affiliates are getting the word out, but I suspect this thread won't garner many honest responses.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2004, 10:46 PM

I advertise in bathroom stalls. It makes for good reading when we sit down.
Old 10-11-2004, 10:51 PM

with regards to advertising in local b&m, that was not quite what i meant. i live in london and finding out about the bests bars and clubs, which imo are fabric, the vibe bar, loungelovers etc dont really advertise in the conventional sense, they use word of mouth. now if you popped down to say gutshot, and played in a few mtts. you'd get your face known you could point out to a few people that you offer rake back if people where to sign up under you, [censored] people might even tell there friends.

another thought, why not put up posters in internet cafes.

just a few ideas

laters

harry
Old 10-13-2004, 12:41 AM

Cubs,

I have been giving this some thought lately too. Most times I can't even FIND the box, let alone think OUTSIDE it...but I'll give it a try.

You mentioned the demographics of poker players...is this simply poker players or online poker players??
Old 10-13-2004, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I advertise in bathroom stalls. It makes for good reading when we sit down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I KNEW it
Old 10-25-2004, 09:43 PM

Old 10-26-2004, 08:54 AM

How about asking 2+2 publishing (and others) about advertising space in their books.

Although I'd rather the poker sites gave rebates directly to their regular customers, I sure wish there had been an advert in the first poker books I bought.

chez
Old 10-26-2004, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

jesus, i hope this post is so full of sarcasm it's even too sarcastic for ME. If this is real, I have lost all respect for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm... why? Do you hate people that like money? Weird to see people on a poker forum get moralistic about how other people try and make money.