Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 01:39 PM

Default Re: TT 2nd set, please comment on hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You have to fold middle set there. It's obvious. What are you even doing considering he has anything but JJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT???? Ok...i'm still kinda new and this may be why I'm only a winning player and not a WINNING player, but it just doesn't seem plausable to OBVIOUSLY put your opponent on JJ here. If you are going to fold any set to a slight raise on the flop, i don't see us making much money. I say go broke here, the next 9 times you make the same play you probably win with a boat to his trips.

But i'm just a donk

[/ QUOTE ]
I was being a smart ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

right on...don't you hate how sarcasm over the internet has not been a found art yet??
Old 11-24-2005, 01:47 PM

The minimum preflop raise is very bad. There is no hand which I think it is a viable option.

The 1/6 pot bet on the flop is very strange, although not altogether awful. It could certainly throw him for a loop.

Oh yes, and you must never, ever fold there. You're going broke no matter how deep the stacks are.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:22 PM

Thank you all for your feedback. I like that you called me out on the donk raise.

Thanks!!
Old 11-24-2005, 06:05 PM

I've heard wise people state that going broke with Set over Set is pretty much standard, that said....

I agree with what's been already said, pf mini-pop is odd, just call or make a larger raise and I'd tend to just call.

Post flop, it would depend on my opponent. If I thought a trap would work, then set it....if you've been active and involved in a lot of pots then I'd not deviate and fire away here as well.

Either way, don't see how you're not getting all your money in the middle and going broke every time, chalk it up and fire up the next mtt.