Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Am I a superdonk? ($50+5 hand)

Since you're more concerned with keeping the short stack from stealing your blind and knocking him out of the tournament, than with getting his 400 chips, an isolation raise doesn't seem right. Call, and hope the other big stack will work with you.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:47 AM

This is horrible. You have JT, it's crap. It beats half the hands the raiser has, less if he's not pushing any two. If you want to take him out just call and let the other guy call too. Even if the other guy has 1000 chips instead of 5000 this is awful.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:52 AM

I'm sorry, but JTs is not crap 3-handed with high blinds when the short stack is pushing any two...please try again...
Old 08-02-2005, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry, but JTs is not crap 3-handed with high blinds when the short stack is pushing any two...please try again...

[/ QUOTE ]

The short stack shouldn't be pushing any two, it's pretty easy to figure out that much. JTs is far from an overwhelming favorite against any 2 anyway. Please keep making this play.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The short stack shouldn't be pushing any two, it's pretty easy to figure out that much. JTs is far from an overwhelming favorite against any 2 anyway. Please keep making this play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. There's really nothing else to say.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. There's really nothing else to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the hell did you make this post in the first place if you think your play was so good? I really wish someone would post how good JTs does against any two.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:13 AM

I don't think this play is bad, and by that I mean I think it's probably +EV, but I see no reason why you couldn't just raise less than all-in and possible see a flop. You can take chips off him without putting your whole stack at risk.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think this play is bad, and by that I mean I think it's probably +EV, but I see no reason why you couldn't just raise less than all-in and possible see a flop. You can take chips off him without putting your whole stack at risk.

[/ QUOTE ]

My problem with raising less than all-in is that the BB is getting MONSTER odds to call almost anything here. Even if I raise it 3X the BB on top of the blinds (1200), he is getting 2-1 to call. And this raise would commit 25% of my stack, which would suck donkeyballs. The only way to give him incorrect pot odds is to push.

This is why I think calling is a better play here...because it is almost impossible to get this guy to lay down a hand here without committing too much of my stack.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:43 PM

gild,

I agree, I like the call now too...BB's got great odds like you said w/ call or raise. Good post...my JT/QJ late-game has been blowing it lately, Ill play them like this and see how it goes...
Old 08-02-2005, 01:44 PM

Yea, I think a raise here (of any size) blows.