Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2004, 08:57 AM

Default Re: Journalist Objectivity?

This isn't really surprising. The fact that they vote left doesn't mean that they report left.
Old 08-09-2004, 11:40 AM

Wait a minute - Journalists are intelligent people?!

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Le Misanthrope
Old 08-09-2004, 01:01 PM

Wow, journalists at the DNC in an informal poll support Kerry. This is proof if ever there was any that the media is profoundly liberal.

Seriously, Gee Dub, you spend so much time feeding the media story lines, it's amazing how much you abuse them. I mean, they pick up on all your characterizations of your opponents and rarely apply the same standard to you - like when you call people dishonest, waffling, smug, or filthy rich.

Journalists are a bit more liberal on social issues than the general public, but tend to be more economically conservative. Wonder why? They're better off than most of the rest of us. Editors tend to be more conservative across the board.

It's amazing to me that a President who has gotten some of the most generous press coverage one could hope for is so filled with disdain for the press.

NT
Old 08-09-2004, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh my God, are you kidding? You don't see the obvious LEFT-LEANING skew there!? Come on! 12:1 LIBERAL:CONSERVATIVE reporters in Washington DC!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't prove a liberal bias over conservatism, but an intelligence bias over stupidity.

Just because someone favors Kerry or anyone else over Bush doesn't mean they're liberal, it just means they don't want 4 mores years of the most unqualified president in history.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Oh my God, are you kidding? You don't see the obvious LEFT-LEANING skew there!? Come on! 12:1 LIBERAL:CONSERVATIVE reporters in Washington DC!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't prove a liberal bias over conservatism, but an intelligence bias over stupidity.

Just because someone favors Kerry or anyone else over Bush doesn't mean they're liberal, it just means they don't want 4 mores years of the most unqualified president in history.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you called conservatives stupid, hehe. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ten
Old 08-09-2004, 02:31 PM

George W Bush is not exactly an expert on what constitutes good evidence.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:37 PM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.

How about journalists cheering for Kerry?

Partisan Cheers at Journalist Convention Upset Some Attendees
Old 08-09-2004, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And you called conservatives stupid, hehe. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only the one in charge, ATM. Well, him and those that voted for him for reasons other than voting the party instead of the man.