Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2004, 10:49 PM

Default Re: flopping a set vs incredibly weak opponents

maybe i wasnt 100% sure he was going to call, but i've played with him before and ive seen him call allin with several trash hands where he got a small peice of the flop.

what happened this situation is he had A6o and was drawing almost completely dead. i won the pot, and had a fast chip lead that i rarely get.

lately ive been getting so screwed and started playing afraid of the 4 outters. and i usually dont get the maximum out of my hands. then im sitting short stacked at the bubble.

but this question was more of a personal theory question. do you play fearless when you know youre far ahead, or do you leave yourself outs. ive been leaving myself outs, which may be better closer to the bubble (IMO) but early on i need to get chips, and stop betting small with a powerful hand vs call station.
Old 02-20-2004, 11:18 PM

Default Re: flopping a set vs incredibly weak opponents

do you play fearless when you know youre far ahead
of course, don't fear 16% chance to hit there card on the turn, or 8% on river. You need to bet when you "know" your ahead.