Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 09:18 AM

Default Re: How Is My Check-Raise Here?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure I am done with this flop if I meet aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't like your overpair against a donk on a rag rainbow flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a lot of people in this pot for me to be comfortable with a medium overpair.

I think a push or a fold are both options.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure I am done with this flop if I meet aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't like your overpair against a donk on a rag rainbow flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a lot of people in this pot for me to be comfortable with a medium overpair.

I think a push or a fold are both options.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's true he bet into two people which shows some strenght. I still assume we are ahead most of the time though (the other guy folded already).
Old 09-01-2005, 10:03 AM

it does seem to be a pseudo bad-beat post but I think you push on the flop here - but donk might call with anything anyway right so you're playing with fire with your middle pp
Old 09-01-2005, 11:22 AM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

Everything went better than I had hoped actually. I mean, how can you not love getting all the money in as a 78% favorite to win the hand?

These sit n' go's you only start with 800 chips, so there isn't a heck of a lot of room to manuever. I had already seen this donk show down some hands, so I knew he was "donkish"

His bet I figured for a weak continuation/probe type bet, so I took advantage of the situation and check-raised (I assumed he would bet given his pre-flop action, and I was correct, otherwise I would have come out firing myself if I felt it would get checked around)

Once I check-raised and he pushed, I was getting pretty nice pot odds to commit the rest of my stack.

I don't like folding in this spot, because it's one of the best flops for a hand like mine. And I don't like a smooth-call, because I'm not charging my opponent anything to draw out on me, and I'm leaving myself out of position.

Let's say I just smooth-called there. When the board pairs 5's on the turn, I'm guessing the majority of you would push right there (I certainly would) not figuring my opponent for an A/5 hand. So I believe the check-raise was correct, but if I was going to check-raise for more chips than I did, than those of you who mentioned the push would be correct about that.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I still think this is just a bad beat post :-P

[/ QUOTE ]