Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2005, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Presto! First Party 5/10NL Post

Suspicious, I'm not loving it but I have no idea how this game is playing.

I think on the turn u can put him on something like AA, AK, AQ, AJ, KQs or worse flush draw. I also think a set is possible.

I think it'd be really hard to even get a solid player to let go of AK here. I admit that I would really be troubled with 100bb stacks and flush and straight draws abound to fold AK here. Also depending on how you and shania are working out tonight, he could have AQ and believe that you would normally reraise with AK and a short table, who knows. My guess is that you usually flat call with AK here pf.

If you think he has AK or AA or something, checking behind the turn and hitting your straight or a fake flush, which you represented very well, or even a five isnt such a bad idea. You just have to learn probably to let it go on the river if any of your fun cards dont come. You also have to hope he's not drawing, but given the range of hands I'd say that he will have a hand with an ace more often than a draw here.

Your turn bet is not believable really. It just feels wrong. I can't quite put a reason behind it, I just dont like the feel of it. Something like $280 or $320 would scare me more as an opponent.

I love agressive play like this even if it doesn't work (can you say meta game--god bless NL) who cares. I bet it did work though, but considering the range of hands that a solid player will have on the turn, I'd peel off a river card and see if I could hit my deceptive eight outer to possibly stack him off or take a big chunk. I mean--if he has a draw, your 55 is likely good anyway.

Oh yeah, if you check the turn and straight, I think the correct move might be to overbet the river. I may even go all in against certain opponents who love making those big calls. But I also think those big overbets tend to work for me better than most because I give probably a little too much action for my own good.

-Jason