Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2004, 10:47 AM

Default Re: True (?) Poker

I think they gain MUCH MUCH more from free customer feed back than anything else.

Peace,
Joe Tall
Old 02-11-2004, 10:57 AM

1)Their advertising here has certainly not been free. They have given us a lot in terms of incentives, bonuses, and money added. He never comes here just to SPAM

2)Its not so much the amount of fish, rather the type of fish I like. Party is a stocked pond of (d)numb fish, but the ones at True dont bite back [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
Old 02-11-2004, 11:08 AM

I dont mind the fish biting back...just as long as they dont have teeth [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-11-2004, 01:06 PM

Stylish,

I am going to disagree here. I am afraid that my attitude comes not from what True proposed but from their stunning lack of communication since then. I think that what was proposed was fair enough, if there is no room to negotiate. However, there has been no follow up since. That is where my problem lies. As to whether there is a boycott or not, I really don't care. I choose to no longer play there. I don't care if we organize or not. I'm too young to have been there during the great boycotts of the 60's...well, I was alive but not particularly politically active in grade school.

One other comment. Leadership does not come from a title whether it is BOSS or KOTZ. It comes from a willingness to step up and show the way.
Old 02-11-2004, 04:25 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC
Default Can you post the email?

Old 02-11-2004, 08:48 PM

Ok, I'll disagree back.

TrueCEO didn't 'propose' anything nor must he. He must decide and act. He did. I'm sure he thought that was fair and the end of it. They refunded the buy-in immediately. Usually when some people think they got too much and some people think they got too little, that means a good compromise was found [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I agree on the leadership thing, that was my point. You must have read that differently. I think I was asking shouldn't they step-up and control their individual teams and get one voice. IE there was an issue about counting the team points raised but neither "Team" seemed to be much of a "Team". JMO.
Old 02-11-2004, 10:38 PM

I think both stagemusic and stylish are right, minor tweaks aside.

Talk of boycott is premature. Trueman has usually been very good at communicating with this forum. Of course he does it mainly with TruePoker business interest primarily in mind, but he's done these things in a way that is very much in our interests too; extra add-ons, bounty bonuses, early bird rebates etc etc. More than any other site. Plus, any site operator willing to sign up at a competitors site to play in one of the KotZ tourneys definitely gets brownie points in my book. I don't think we should snub a place that gives us goodies...or my name's gaaabbyyy.

That's one side of it.

On the other side, I am puzzled, like Stagemusic is, by the non-appearance of Trueman since the great debacle. True made their instant refund and freeroll offer, but no word since, not even to say "Hello we're still here".

Perhaps True thought that that was enough - money back and a free rerun. The trouble is, that's only $22, despite the annoyance and detraction from real earning potential caused to the players. Most everyone in these tourneys takes time (and lots of concentration/attention - via chatting, posting, razzing each other both pre and during tourney) away from real money-earning games to play these intra-2+2 tourneys. Because they're a special event for us. True offered a product for this event, knowing this; but we were let down (I say we, but I didn't make it into the tourney this time. I'm meaning the Zoo/SS/Toons collectively, in this case).

[censored] happens. Yes. But it was TruePoker's [censored] that failed - when they were getting the 2+2 crowd over there for their commercial gain - and the players involved lost more than just a $22 entry and an early bird rebate .

In the past, Trueman has been a very communicative and willing to join in kind of person, though. ...Hey, he puts up funnier posts sometimes than most of you lot! So I'm stumped why he hasn't shown face, esp to Mike H, who deserves better.

(...Maybe he's too busy wailing and gnashing his teeth over the True software letting everyone down to have dared show his face yet...)

Anyway, we shouldn't get on our high horses too much just because we know that poker sites realise we can bring some "clout" - or should that be "rake-inducing-presence" - along with our loud-mouthed, bawdy, witty, obnoxious and puerile attitudes [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

But say hello and join in, Mr Trueman...

Old 02-11-2004, 11:11 PM

Doh! Not paying enough attention. Mike H did just get message from Trueman.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:15 PM

Default Re: TruePoker has replied!

(In case anyone missed this post in another thread, I'll repost it in this more relevant thread.)

I'm sorry I have taken so long to give you the news, but after I received Mr Gzesh's e-mail this morning I wrote back with comments/suggestions/questions, but he seems to have disappeared again.

However, the good news is he has agreed to pay out at least $1700 more to the 34 "finalists", with probable $50 bonuses to the four "winners".

The bad news is, he wanted to play the replacement Tourney next Thursday. (Obviously this is out, because of KOTZ.)

Once he replies to my follow-up e-mail, we should know for certain the conclusion to this mess.

I am still hoping to replay the Tourney tomorrow evening, even if there are only forty or sixty Players, because I cannot imagine being able to keep Players' interests alive for another two weeks.

Old 02-11-2004, 11:34 PM

Default Re: TruePoker has replied!

Don't worry about the keeping players interests alive for another two weeks side of things, Mike. You think everyone's going to have given up poker and 2+2 by then...heh, we're as addicted as each other to both of those things. Won't be a problem to have a tourney a couple of weeks down the line, imo. Esp when it's freerolled for the majority.

the good news is he has agreed to pay out at least $1700 more to the 34 "finalists", with probable $50 bonuses to the four "winners".

This is great news. The players past the break got a headache. Good job wiht a comeback for them.

bad news is, he wanted to play the replacement Tourney next Thursday. (Obviously this is out, because of KOTZ

KotZ comes first. Period.