Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2005, 04:18 AM

Default Re: \"i flopped a straight\"

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty certain we have SB beat...you don't think MP1 is bluffing 1 in 17 times?

[/ QUOTE ]
Into two players on the river after a continuation bet on the turn on this board? Not without a solid read of him as a bluff-happy maniac or a fourth-level expert, no. Besides, hero's flopped 2 pair became less and less attractive as each street progressed. I fold here and have no qualms about it regardless of the actual results.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:46 AM

it looks bad on the river, but i don't think it is a good idea to fold. there is no way how you can be 93% sure that you are beat at that point.
just to give you a scenario which hero wins: the agressor might have overplayed a flush draw and the caller might have a pair with a flush draw or a gutshot.
and sometimes the internet-people are just confused and have total crap. for example, i had an opponent once who capped me preflop and on the flop and raised me on turn and river. i had AA, he had A6 unimproved. and he did not have maniac stats.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:58 PM

Thanks for the replies.

I did call and whole hand worked out like this.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, CO folds, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (12 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 7c 8s (two pair, eights and sevens).
MP1 has 6d 9c (straight, nine high).
SB has 2c 6h (straight, eight high).
Outcome: MP1 wins 15 BB. </font>
Old 06-24-2005, 07:07 PM

And he said "I flopped a straight" immediately after the flop? I guess it worked out for him, but I can't see how that's a good idea. Half the time at 2/4 people won't even notice there's a straight out there!