Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 12:16 PM

Default Re: An Ethical Quandry

[ QUOTE ]
I have since moved up. More sharks, less rake, less fish.
X
(edit: I made $350 last night. A night like that is becoming increasingly rare.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming you are playing 1/2, this is an extraordinary night by any measure. Your claim that 1/2 is becoming a "rock garden" reflects a misunderstanding of normal game conditions. If you're telling me that the 1/2 tables are going 3 handed to the flop 80% of the time, I'll listen. Otherwise, I think you're just plain wrong. Every game I have played on party up to and including 5/10 is beatable through ordinary, ABC poker.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How hard is it to find a loose table. Big pots or high plrs/flop. That generally works.

[/ QUOTE ]

The big pot tables tend to have gigantic wait limits (often >10). Party and skins don't show players/flop. If they did, that'd be tremendously useful.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:21 PM

If I buy PE then I can't see any other customers' data and they can't see mine?
Old 07-01-2005, 12:22 PM

Not as easy as you might expect above .5/$1 on party. Party doesn't have the % players for flop like other sites. If you get a 10+ BB pot average on a table the waiting list magically goes to 12. Ironically, I have found the players/flop number a much better indicator than pot size of a good table. If party had this column on their software I might not care so much about Pokeredge. But they don't so I have to sit at a table for a couple of orbits to know if it will be good or not. Users of pokeredge have one up on me in this regard, along with knowing how I play before I sit down. Something about the competitor in me is outraged by this.
X
Old 07-01-2005, 12:26 PM

First you give me stock advice from the board and then you imply I don't know what the hell I'm talking about...3 handed to river 80% of the time, huh? Most hands I see are two handed and someone folds at the river. I'm beginning to lose patience here. Aren't you the poker edge user who aided them in their spam campaign yesterday that got deleted?
X
Old 07-01-2005, 12:37 PM

teddy, [censored] you.

i could go into more detail explaining how you are ignorant to the point of entirely missing the real situation at hand, but from the tone of your post its obvious youre just an obnoxious little prick, so a [censored] you will have to sufice.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:44 PM

At what level does this software lose value?
I play exclusively 30/60 and I wonder what advantage this software could possibly give my opponent?
There is so little consistency to my play that more stats should make little difference.

Can someone point out why I should be worried about this, or if I am correct that this is really only useful for the lower limits.

-SC
Old 07-01-2005, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I buy PE then I can't see any other customers' data and they can't see mine?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and no. The stats aren't there, but the rating rules still apply. So, for example, if I have TAGs as <20 VPIP and >7 PFR, and you qualify, I'll still see that you're a TAG. I won't see the specific numbers though.

Hiding your stats is overrated though. You're hiding them from a small potion of users (PE users) and largely from other TAG's who probably want to avoid you anyway.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please dont take it the wrong way, but I gathered from a previous post of yours that you play 1/2 limit. At this level, using PE (or for that matter PT) is immaterial--both in conferring an advantage by using the software, or in being disadvantaged by not using it. Save your money, buy some books, and play ABC poker. Rinse repeat.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is so wrong it made my eyes bleed.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:00 PM

My guess is that at the higher limits, where there are fewer tables, you can get a lot of the benefits of PE through extensive datamining on your own. At lower limits, the size of the PE dB will exceed all PT dBs.