Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2005, 12:23 AM

Default Re: Anyone ever see a dead human?

Since I'm a funeral director/mortician, I've seen thousands of dead human bodies... also have seen people die, and have performed full human dissection in Gross Anatomy in college.....

I have to agree with you about being interesting. Never had a class I liked more than G.A.

Also, I participated in organ collection and eye bank work while in college..... kinda cool stuff, actually.

FWIW - Dead humans aren't so bad... it's the live ones you have to worry about
Old 02-23-2005, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Probably wouldn't be as disturbing if I was in a field that might lead to more exposure to such a thing (ie ER, military).

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda makes you calis(sp)
Old 02-23-2005, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(Medical Student)

I've dissected one - head to toe. One of the greatest and most interesting (and at times weird) learning experiences I've ever had.

I thank all of those who donate their bodies. I honestly don't know if I could do it, myself.

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

you'd probably be dead, so it wouldn't matter what they did with your body. I could care less what happens to my body after I die.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:25 AM

Seen dead bodies??? Yes, and I can't tell you how many.

A better question is "Have you ever watched anyone die?"

The answer to that? Yes, and I can't tell you how many.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:28 AM

Geez wacki, are you actually a doctor or something? I thought you just played one on 2+2.

NT
Old 02-23-2005, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you'd probably be dead, so it wouldn't matter what they did with your body. I could care less what happens to my body after I die.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool. Will you donate it to my club, the Proust Williams Cannibal Society? We are always in need of fresh bodies. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-23-2005, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Geez wacki, are you actually a doctor or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but I've worked side by side with doctors. I've also had several friends that grew up in the ghetto so I've seen some crazy stuff from that. I've been a part of a Global Infectious Disease group, and a RA I knew got his head blown off by a shotgun in the dorm. It was odd, he was still crawling around while missing half his head. But ya, I've seen a lot of death. I have very abnormal luck. My swings are very polarized. I'm either very lucky or very unlucky. One good thing is that you learn some very valuable lessons. That is why I have such low tolerance for careless people and certain other behaviors. Some of my favorite sayings are "Crazy, not clumsy" and "Learn from others, because you can't live long enough to make every mistake yourself". - Eleanor Roosevelt

I've had many experiences that teach valuable lessons that you don't want to learn. Please keep in mind that in 99.9% of these experiences I was merely an observer. This kind of stuff makes you very wise, but it can also make it difficult to smile at times. Ignorance is truly bliss.

I really hope this doesn't make me sound like a sick and twisted individual. For obvious reasons, I don't like talking about this kind of stuff.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A cadaver, wasn't as wierd as I thought it would be.

-Pete

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you name him/her/it?

And yes, when I was in Vegas for a baseball tournament about 6 years ago or so, I watched a guy jump from his 20 something-th floor Plaza Hotel room. Needless to say, he hit the concrete and turned inside out. The worst part, is that some of my teammates were screaming "Jump you pussy, get it over with!" Right after saying this for about the fifth time, he actually did. They felt _really_ bad afterwards. I don't think anyone from twoplustwo was there, because no cries of "Gamb0000000000l!!!!!" could be heard.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:14 AM

I saw a dead person in a car accident.
I've been to an open casket funeral before.
Oh and I saw a real Egyptian mummy in a museum - you count that? The Egyptain was a women, she still had skin and a body, not all bones.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:38 AM

I thank all of those who donate their bodies. I honestly don't know if I could do it, myself.

Interesting. Why would you be reluctant to do this yourself? Is it the way cadavers are treated by med students?