Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 02:40 AM

Default Re: why is this so annoying

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I insta fold AJo here too.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't..and it's not even close. :-)

[/ QUOTE ]

elaborate
Old 10-24-2005, 03:19 AM

I think folding AJo is probably a mistake early on. people play REALLY bad postflop, so i'm pretty sure its +EV as long as you can play at all postflop. i mean i'm not a great NL player, but i feel like i usually have a pretty good skill edge postflop vs. these guys.

if its a rebuy, then a limp is even better(which it must be if the avg stack is 3k, right?) people play horrible early on in those rebuys, you need to play more hands to take advantage of it.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:18 AM

In that position, I fold. In the lower buy ins, I tend to lag it up early on, to take advantage of the weaker players while they are still there. But, I only lag it up against the bad players, but at the same time, won't just push chips around, they love to call with air, so I like to have some sort of hand. Against the tighter players early on, I'll take advantage of their tightness.

Usually, I either end up with a nice stack after first hour, or run into a hand I wasn't expecting and bust.

Still, even lagging it up, that is an easy UTG fold, you have no idea who is going to act behind you yet, and it's a hand that will get you in trouble against a player with a tighter range many times.