Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Grunch?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which means I can't possibly know anything? Ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

not even close to what I meant.

you are 10x more likely to have people help you analyze your hands if you help analyze theirs.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:33 PM

Ok, thanks. Sorry.

Yeah, I think I've posted my own less than 3 times. However, when I post to help people (as done to PokerBob & Oreogod in the last 2 hours), I usually get ignored.

As I'm learning too, it would be cool to have a little more validation, but I guess I'll just keep plugging away.

Again, my apologies for misreading your post.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FYI the origin is from some guy named grunch or grunchy that created a really good post once that recommended doing it, and I think it was actually in the micros.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this is the one...
Old 12-13-2005, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FYI the origin is from some guy named grunch or grunchy that created a really good post once that recommended doing it, and I think it was actually in the micros.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah that's the guy but I don't think it was the original grunching thread. he posts good though
Old 12-13-2005, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, thanks. Sorry.

Yeah, I think I've posted my own less than 3 times. However, when I post to help people (as done to PokerBob & Oreogod in the last 2 hours), I usually get ignored.

As I'm learning too, it would be cool to have a little more validation, but I guess I'll just keep plugging away.

[/ QUOTE ]
I feel the same way sometimes but hang in there!
Old 12-13-2005, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah that's the guy but I don't think it was the original grunching thread. he posts good though

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah, yeah, I think this is the one that really started the whole grunching phenomenon.

And yeah, that guy's a good poster, and they even made him a moderator in some far-off forum.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ah, yeah, I think this is the one that really started the whole grunching phenomenon.

And yeah, that guy's a good poster, and they even made him a moderator in some far-off forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's the one, good stuff.

djames: hang in there and keep posting.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, thanks. Sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds ripe for the grunchcan challenge! the point of it is to basically post and see if your analyses are good. Your game will improve. That's all that really matters. Check it out.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:31 PM

I normally make my first post blind in a thread and then go back and read the thread, I just assume that that is most people's default, maybe I'm wrong
Old 12-13-2005, 06:35 PM

I usually grunch if im first in, but if its got say 8 replies ill type it out. Scrool down and read and then either post the grunched bit in italics then debate the other lines people said or just delete it to save repeating what others have said.

I may however repeat someones post if they haven't provided good reasons to a relatively new OP.

Grunching is highly recommend, to say its BS is well.. BS.