Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2005, 09:23 AM

Default Re: Is Neteller screwing their European customers?

Thanks! I shall try this!

I use the neteller card now and the fees suck! But checks is not great either in sweden. My own bank (nordea) did not even want to tuch them since it was a foreign check.. If he should cash it in then he said that it would cost around $120. I later found one bank which did it for "only" $30....

This bankwire sounds good for me since it is cheaper and faster =)

Have fun!
Old 02-25-2005, 09:37 AM

I also live in Sweden and have the same experience using Neteller debit card (5-6% fee). I sometimes use bank wire direct from Party Poker, cost is 35 us$ and the conversion rate seems very fair - so if you withdraw 1000us$+ this is a better option. Problem is, Party Poker is not a european site and as such there is no guarantee its tax free. Any comments from other swedes/europeans - is there a better/safer way to get the cash?? Anyone tried the Neteller bank wire, are they stealing cash with horrible exchange rates like with the debit card?
Old 02-25-2005, 09:56 AM

Multipoker, free wire transfers, sounds very good. Maybe I should sign up there (with rakeback [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) and have easier withdrawals. Same players as PP I guess. Anyone know if you get a decent exchange rate with the "free" wire transfer from Multi Poker? Also, MP is a european site, no? And as such tax free winnings?
Old 02-25-2005, 10:02 AM

I got a neteller card but I am probably not going to use it much, if at all. Changing US dollars into Canadian dollars when we load the card is outrageous behaviour.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:06 AM

Outrageous yes. I wrote an angry mail to them when I discovered what they did and got no answer. However at least neteller is great for moving money between sites without cost. As long as you have your account in dollars that is.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
they told me that the majority of their european clients use Neteller rather than request checks. I wonder why?

[/ QUOTE ]

3 week wait for a cheque is ridiculous?
Old 02-25-2005, 10:21 AM

I'm paying about 3% on the inward and 3% on the outward from Stars by Visa, and having to wait around 10-15 days, for something that can be done in 2 minutes and that seems unreasonable to me.

I use my switch card on Party and the money is back in my bank account in 3 or 4 days, I pay little if anything in currency fees, I like Stars but all the extra charges I pay for using them make me want to avoid playing there altogether.

Regards Mack
Old 02-25-2005, 10:32 AM

I got an answer when I wrot to them. They told me that it was another company that had the debitcard thing. I asked if I cold not have the money in US $. But since it was another company that had the debitcard could they not change it. I could understand why they do this if Sewden had Euro but we dont!!!!!
Old 02-25-2005, 10:54 AM

I got my neteller account in GBP and i just request a check and it gets sent to me in £ For a £2 fee. Whats wrong with this method?
Old 02-25-2005, 11:20 AM

Neteller is great for moving money around, it's just they made a big thing of the ATM card and it was disappointing to see them so blatantly ripping us off