Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2005, 11:42 AM

Default Re: 50,000 hand update, stats checkup (long).

Ok I've had a 200BB swing, and have been using the 300BB Bankroll management. I've been looking into moving up to 2/4 with 1200, but after reading this post I feel that might not be a good Idea. What do yall think?
Old 06-13-2005, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok I've had a 200BB swing, and have been using the 300BB Bankroll management. I've been looking into moving up to 2/4 with 1200, but after reading this post I feel that might not be a good Idea. What do yall think?

[/ QUOTE ]

300bb is fine. But if you want more, then by all means get more.

-Jaran
Old 06-13-2005, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are relatively confident in your postflop play, it might be time to consider adding a few more starting hands to your preflop play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I gave up playing from any sort of chart months ago. Now, every pre-flop decision I make is based on the situation at the table. I'm sure that when I move up to 2/4 that I'll open up a little more, since that limit is known to be "less tough" than 1/2.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You probably will need to play more hands/day to make a decent earning at 2/4. If you are 8-tabling, 4 hours of play will be atleast 1800/day. Also, make sure you have a rakeback setup, and don't neglect good bonuses. Pokerrrom, Stars, and Crypto have very good bonuses when cleared at 2/4 and higher. I am playing semi-pro for the summer just to support myself until I start grad school in the fall, and there's a few things I've experienced:
- Setting hourly goals is less stressful than hand goals for myself. If I can play 4-5 hours of my best poker, I am happy for the day
- Bonuses seem insignicant and a grind sometimes, but they really effect the bottom line. It's additional variance-free income, that should not be passed up at the lower limits.
- Setup rakeback at a few sites. But always prefer a good bonus (10x or less clearance rates) before rakeback.
- Consider learning another game besides limit hold'em in your off hours. I can make more 8-tabling the 22s SNG's on Party than 8-tabling the 2/4, and I'm still a complete noob at SNG's (I think I'm a much better limit player). \

Good luck to you, I wish you the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got rakeback at one Party Skin, and at another site I signed up for but haven't played on yet.

Bonuses have been very important to my bankroll growth thus far, but I'm looking to get away from that crutch with time. That's not to say that I won't take advantage when it is profitable to do so.

I'll be adding more games and betting structures in the future. Next on my plate is single-table tournaments.

Thanks for the good advice!
Old 06-13-2005, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I figure that this is the lowest limit I'll be able to play and be able to make a signifigant contribution to the funding of my household.

Any comments are welcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? Get a real job.

[/ QUOTE ]

My long-long term goal is to play 20/40.

I figure that making 1.5BB/100 at 2/4, and assuming 60 hands/hr, then 4-tabling works out to just over $14 an hour.

Right now my real job is taking care of my daughter and the household, and it always will be.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Something is wrong. You should be beating the low limit games for at least 3bb/100 before you consider moving up. Your numbers look OK, though your PFR should be a little higher, so it might be that you're not extracting value from your winning hands.

Get SSH, ToP, PokerTracker and GameTime+ if you don't already have them. The PT guide by Iggy (the Guinness and Poker Iggy, not the gay IggyWH- j/k he knows I'm kidding) is also a good resource. This is the free alternative. Read the FAQ's on this board, do tons of searches and post hands. Doing all this will get your win rate >4BB/100 and once you get there, 8-table all day every day.

Eventually you'll experience huge 300BB+ downswings and once you get by those you'll be mentally prepared for the higher limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find the majority of your post to be fairly ignorant.

Anything over 1BB/100 is considered good.
How did I get all those stats without PT?
I believe I mentioned purchasing PV in my post.
Almost 700 posts on 2+2, and somewhere I missed out on SSHE and TOP? I don't think so. I also have HFAP, PoP, and some non 2+2 books.
Doing all of that will not get you over 4BB/100. This winrate is highly unlikely to sustain, especially playing 8 tables.
A 300BB downswing while 8-tabling is an indication of bad play.

Mabye I should have stricken that "All comments welcome" bit from my OP.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is with ppl wanting like 80,000bbs for the next limit before being willing to move up. I dont get it. Unless you're no good, there is no way you will ever need that much.

Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

I make regular withdrawals from my bankroll. That is why I have the higher limit requirements in BB. My requirement is a modest 600BB.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Right now my real job is taking care of my daughter and the household, and it always will be.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are taking care of her by investing her future based on gambling? God (I hope he exists) bless you.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:03 PM

Default No solid base

With a winning session rate of less than 50% I think you should wait a while before trying to go full time. It seems as though all of your play is through pre-set systems. If I were you I'd play less hands per day and do a lot more reading, such as SSH. You don't seem to have a solid base of knowledge. You should know what to do in each situation, but also why you are doing it.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I gave up playing from any sort of chart months ago. Now, every pre-flop decision I make is based on the situation at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you should be more generous in your evaluation of the situations so that the net result is you playing more starting hands and raising more frequently preflop. This isn't about charts, this is about comfort playing lesser quality starting hands profitably.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure that when I move up to 2/4 that I'll open up a little more, since that limit is known to be "less tough" than 1/2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone persists in saying this and yet it is not true. There is more aggression at every level, therefore it will be difficult for you to find more spots to play since the chance that the pot is raised in front of you increases. It is easy to actually tighten up which you really don't want to do with your already tight stats.

-DeathDonkey