Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Pound him?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: I raise this pre-flop too. If not that, then limp. I wouldn't fold it unless I turned into a little girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

edit: [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I knew you had it in for me!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

hey duder, I added the homoerotic smiley so you would know I was kidding

In all seriousness, MP is an horrendous player. We should be looking for oppurtunitues to play against this fellow, and folding JT on the button for one bet is just criminal IMHO. You're going to make a lot more money against this guy with JT than you will raising a solid player with a much better holding.

so now that we've decided to play, take a look at the blinds and try to judge how successful an iso raise will be. If the blinds are decent, I'm raising to try to isolate and take initiative. Initiative, position, bad players, yummy yummy. If a raise is just going to inflate the pot, limp behind. We should play this hand though.

someone link to the training wheels post for our buddy here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey I was kidding too! I do think that JT is a marginal hand though, even against a player like this, and SH. We expect him to limp Kx, Ax, Qx like a lot. His VPIP is 38 not 58. Also I have read the training wheels post as well as the other linked stuff in the FAQ. I would say my training wheels are off in full-ring games, and on but "in the up position" on SH. Also my postings are honest, but often contain errors, so I appreciate your candid responses. Cheers, Buzz
Old 12-01-2005, 05:57 PM

I fold these both preflop. Thus, i don't get involved.

That said, after the flop 3bet, when you call you must figure to be either behind (trips unlikely, AJ, KJ, QJ or JT all possible) or ahead. If the former, fold to the turn donk. If the latter, raise the turn.

Having called the turn, i fold the river.

Hand 2: again, I fold KTo PF, even to isolate here. On the turn i prefer a 3bet; why wait to extract more money, the bet size doesn't change - if capped, call the river, if he calls the 3bet then bet the river when checked to. CO may have, at best, A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] x [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and is checkraising the TP+FD, or may be a donkey. I like the threebet here.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2: again, I fold KTo PF, even to isolate here.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow
Old 12-01-2005, 07:34 PM

hi pokerbob,

i like the way you played hand 1.

hand 2, i prefer to call the turn, and then pop the river, unless it's an A. this way we'll get the value without immediately knocking him off a bluff.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hi pokerbob,

hand 2, i prefer to call the turn, and then pop the river, unless it's an A. this way we'll get the value without immediately knocking him off a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you folding to a river 3bet then?
Old 12-01-2005, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hi pokerbob,

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldnt he could have a worst K any A or just trying to be the man and "outplay" you like he did the first hand.

are you folding to a river 3bet then?

[/ QUOTE ]