Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 12:52 PM

Default Re: Party 20/40 - 99

Is there really a reason to withold results at this point? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Jeff
Old 10-26-2005, 01:17 PM

I do not like raising this turn with the intention of folding to a 3 bet, since you are last to act, raising will not protect your hand, So one of the biggest reasons to raise the turn is not present. A raise for value looks right if we are against an opponent that will never 3 bet bluff in this spot,but you have to have a pretty solid read that this wont happen to make raising right. Since you dont know the villain that well, and raising wont protect your hand, I think its best to just call down. When the pot gets big, it is sometimes best to play your hand in such a way that you never fold the winner, then to try to extract out all the value you can. Also if there was an opponent behind me, I wouldve raised and folded to a 3 bet, becuz now protecting my hand in this large pot is more important than the risk of getting outplayed. You cant protect your hand in your situation so dont take the risk of getting outplayed.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:58 PM

my first thought is raise. With my second being to fold. Never call here. I lean towards raising.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my first thought is raise. With my second being to fold. Never call here. I lean towards raising.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this is very poor advice, there are plenty of variables that could be in play, that would make calling here the best or all 3 options.