Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Party 22\'sng--level 1 all in

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It could go either way, based on LAG player's love of ace high. I think its pretty safe to put LAG on Ax or mid PP. Personally, I'd fold as well, and let LAG keep on doing these moves.

How did it turn out for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured there was a very good chance of being up against Ax where x was smaller than a Q. I thought it was an easy call given how often I have him completely dominated.

Turns out he had JJ and I didnt pair up

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a guy like this, there is no reason to take a gamble like this early on. Now if the situation was slightly different...

Say you are in the BB and LAG raises to 150 from the button, SB calls all in. Now this is a spot that I will often push all in with AK from the BB. This is because you can win by making him fold as well. I might even do it with AQ in this spot if I knew for a fact that he was a donk. But I would almost never call an all in like that with AQ or AK in level 1 because the only way you can win is by showing down the best hand. Fold equity is a great thing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]