Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 09:03 PM

Default Re: suited connectors in NL

But in this example you called a raise OOP, and it worked out very well for you.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But in this example you called a raise OOP, and it worked out very well for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

you have OOP and in position mixed up. It is almost always desirable to act last in Hold 'em.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Skeme-
I would much rather play any hand against opponents that are nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't. The majority of the time you continue on past the flop, you will have a draw. When you luck out and hit trips against TPTK, sure it's great to be against a nutcase, but more often than not, I don't think so.

dd323, I sometimes do raise UTG and EP with them, and sometimes limp as well, but mostly I will fold. Do you have any cool SC hands to show your overall type of play with them? Thanks.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:21 PM

this is a great thread, i wasn't expecting this much. thanks guys [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2005, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Skeme-
I would much rather play any hand against opponents that are nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't. The majority of the time you continue on past the flop, you will have a draw. When you luck out and hit trips against TPTK, sure it's great to be against a nutcase, but more often than not, I don't think so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also opponents that are nuts will likely play like [censored] post flop. If they are passive calling stations and I flop a draw I just check and see a free turn then bet if I hit. Maybe its just my stats but in the 10,000-15,000 hands or so since I started playing SCs more I have made a considerable ammount more off stacking donks than semibluffing $30 pots from TAGS.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:44 PM

That's called a fish, not a nut. Nut meant maniac.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:47 PM

I guess we can agree to disagree then.
Although I rarely find players that raise anything pf then constantly PSB on the flop. Usually people liek this are stupid enough to slowplay when they actually have something. In My experience there is quite a bit of overlap between fish and maniac.
I guess we don't need to fight over terms here, I suspect we actually play somewhat the same.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:52 PM

Nobody is debating that fish and maniacs are different. I am simply telling you that when I referred to a certain player as a "nut" I meant an aggressive player, not a loose-passive one.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:17 PM

I am very position conscious with these hands, folding almost all the time in EP and MP. I generally don't like to call raises with these hands unless I have position and it is multiway. I raise these when folded to me in LP almost all the time. I am not a big fan of them in general, I suspect they may be overrated by many players.