Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2005, 11:50 AM

Default Re: I just got done reading super system...what do ya think? 200NL

[ QUOTE ]
hand 2...turn play is overaggro imo, just fold. you dont have odds to draw...etc, etc,.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP has the 2nd nuts or are you really scared of J8 here?
Old 09-17-2005, 12:09 PM

If you just got done reading Super System, then why don't you lead out in hand #1?

-cj
Old 09-17-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hand 2...turn play is overaggro imo, just fold. you dont have odds to draw...etc, etc,.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP has the 2nd nuts or are you really scared of J8 here?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL i read that as a blank

nm #2 = v good.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you just got done reading Super System, then why don't you lead out in hand #1?

-cj

[/ QUOTE ]

"also, there are times I MIGHT RAISE with something like 7-6 if i was in early or middle position. I noted that I generally just call." -SS
Old 09-17-2005, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-cj

[/ QUOTE ]

"also, there are times I MIGHT RAISE with something like 7-6 if i was in early or middle position. I noted that I generally just call." -SS

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant on the flop. Isn't that the prototypical SS situation, leading into the preflop raiser, even (especially?) with a drawing hand? Maybe he'll raise and you can push, putting him to the test ... and even if you get called, you've still got outs.

-cj
Old 09-18-2005, 12:05 AM

Playing suited connectors in early position has to be -EV. Obviously, the poster is not posting the hands that he lost money playing them in the wrong situations, and he's definitely not pointing out when he did hit something on the flop and lost a bundle. You know that anyone who plays them like the OP has lost plenty hitting top pair with them and gone to far. Not understanding how they work, which the OP does not, has to be hard on the bankroll. We've all lost hands that we should've won, and we've all won hands that we really had no business playing in the first place. That said, OP needs to heed the advice of those here and stop playing them early, unless he has been at the table for a while and the game is not too aggressive (table of weak players) then, really, anything goes. If you're at a table of people that play very weak, why not, but don't limp, come out firing, then represent the flop and take the pot. Suited connectors work best in multiway pots. They don't hit enough to play them heads up, or with two players. You need the odds so that when you do hit them, you make up for the times you don't.
Supersystem is the bible of poker, the concepts are great, but you need to understand the context in which those concepts are effective. Many advanced ideas do not work against bad players, you can only beat them by playing technically sound. So, you take your SS ideas, experiment at your table, find out what will work and what will not, and make good decisions. Limping with SC in bad positions or without the right odds is not a good decision in the long run.
Old 09-18-2005, 12:30 AM

hands 2+3 your raises are too small.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:02 AM

dude, forget all this calling and checking crap, just push every flop... that'll show them you mean business
Old 09-18-2005, 05:07 AM

I don't like both open limps. Raising has more merit IMO.