Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2005, 11:46 PM

Default Re: Family members who steal

Sounds like the mother-in-law feels like she is entitled to those things. She is not going to stop (I think you already knew that). If you do what some others suggest and adjust her wage to compensate for what she takes she'll just take more. She dosn't even sound like a very good influence on your fiancee's son :-( Sounds like you're in a no-win situation. No matter how you handle it she'll blame you for being unreasonable and greedy and not sharing your wealth with her.
Old 08-22-2005, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the video surveillance idea. You could even go so far as to set up a trap

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome...
Old 08-22-2005, 01:54 AM

install a hidden camera in the salon, bunch up the products in one section of the store before it opens, video tape the section while leaving her inside alone, make sure most of the valuable stuff is in the one section and not scattered.

If you do catch her stealing on tape don't say anything to her, but instead mail the tape via snail mail addressed to her.

Then don't say anything....

If you leave the tape in the mailbox and it magically disappears without her ever saying a word, then you know damn well she's aware and she's capable of stealing.

She'll know you know that she stole without you ever confronting her, she'll be nervous.

its, easy, cheap, and efficient and you may even get her to apologize to you.

Make sure when you send her the tape that it is editted and contains her stealing, a tape of only 4 mins max.

If all of these events do occur then maybe she'll come to you.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Knowing women, I wouldn't doubt it if she already told her mom that but finds it easier to just tell you her mom steals.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I think about it, knowing women, your wife is just mad at her mom and wants to get back at her own mother by having you hate her. So she makes up these crazy stories and you start thinking her mom is a bitch. But it's all your wife's cruel plan. Of course, that's just my opinion based on my experience with women.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Beyond the obvious answers (not having her work in the salon, cutting ties with her mother)- realistically this will not happen. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it obvious that you should break ties with her over $70 worth of salon products? You speak as though you've never done anything worse than this before.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:45 AM

Read: The 48 Laws of Power
This is an excellent book for business people...
One of the rules is to never go into business with people that are close to you...you can't trust them...to do what is necessary or to do you right...they will always take advantage of you. (exception of course being your wife) But friends and family are a no no.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Beyond the obvious answers (not having her work in the salon, cutting ties with her mother)- realistically this will not happen. Thoughts? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it unrealistic to consider not having her work at the salon?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, just not realistic to sever ties completely with her mother. Not having her work at the salon could be a possibility, but how do you go about telling her she can't work there after she's been looking forward to it for months (without telling her the real reason why)?
Old 08-22-2005, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's her mom. Just have your wife tell her to feel free to take anything she needs, just please log it so you can track your inventory.

Knowing women, I wouldn't doubt it if she already told her mom that but finds it easier to just tell you her mom steals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh... nah, my girl is genuinely pissed about it, or she really has a great poker face. I would have never known about it if she didn't tell me (as we haven't started tracking inventory as of yet).
Old 08-22-2005, 12:30 PM

1. Ignore the stealing incident.
2. Have your fiancee lay down the law on not having the M-I-L working at the salon.

If you let this woman work in your salon, you are going to be inviting a ton of headaches.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I think about it, knowing women, your wife is just mad at her mom and wants to get back at her own mother by having you hate her. So she makes up these crazy stories and you start thinking her mom is a bitch. But it's all your wife's cruel plan. Of course, that's just my opinion based on my experience with women.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!! If that's true, it's working!!