Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2005, 10:52 PM

Default Re: KJ Hand

yes
Old 03-21-2005, 12:18 AM

I don't understand why you would only raise to $20 pre-flop...If you plan on calling a big bet on the river, why not raise the turn? (or reraise the flop)...I think playing your hand more aggressively earlier in the hand might get you the information you need cheaper.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, You'll certainly come across blinds calling with big pairs when faced with a button raise.

IMHO the hand seemed a simple read of the texture type of villians hand. I.E that he could beat TPTK. Does it matter that it was J3 rather then A3? The check raise on the flop was either a test for a pair against a button raise, or a legitimate hand. Having an OESD/flush draw would probably command a larger raise. The bet on the the turn is somewhat murky ... looks inviting for a flush draw/w pair or straight draw with flush draw, or just a weak follow through to a re-steal. But with the bet on the end in consideration of all the other betting screams his hand most likely improved on the turn or the river -- if he didn't just flop a set.

KJ against this action doesn't seem to attractive. At least you would agree to that, no?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes I dont like the way I playd this hand.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:02 PM
 is offline

this looks like QJ to me. he value bets TP on the turn and then gets the second pair. but maybe he had trips and was building a pot there. for sure he has you dominated.

fold.