Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2005, 09:50 AM

Default Re: A New Quiz!

Hand 1 - I'd probably fold, but I might raise.

Hand 2 - raise

Hand 3 - limp

Hand 4 - limp

Hand 5 - limp, but I might fold

Hand 6 - raise

Hand 7 - getting 5:1 against morans is tempting. You'll flop a flush draw or two pair about 13% of the time, and the chance of trips makes that a little bit better. If you hit, can you make up a few SB? I think so. I call.

Edit: Forgot hand 8. I raise every time in good games, and about 50/50 in tougher games.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:00 AM

First: isn't it funny how people view and play different hands? Poker is so fun [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] i had some difficulty doing this quiz because i waffle between answers. i'll try to pick one, but on some i'll list 2 before giving a final answer. but i may go back and forth depending because i do better playing according to reads when in game instead of reading them...anyways, on with the quiz!

Hand 1 Folded to you in MP2 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Raise or Fold. Raise because i think enough will call to make the hand worth it and I hate open-limping most of the time [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Hand 2 Folded to you in MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Raise or Fold. Raise to hopefully thin the field via the LAGs 3-betting

Hand 3 4 limpers. You have Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the button.

Fold. I get in trouble when my Q pairs and it gets expensive, but with discipline and position on the hand, i could let it go if it misses. So i can limp too.

Hand 4 Possible 5-handed. You have J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Limp. straight and flush possibles. easy hand to get away from if flop goes sour in IMHO.

Hand 5 You're in the CO again with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] this time.

Limp.

Hand 6 CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Raise or Fold. I raise if I can thin the field. If I think the players behind me would all call, I'll fold.

Hand 7 2-handed. You have 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the BB

Fold. Not worth the risk IMHO.

Hand 8

UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] This is more of a breakdown than a play. How often do you raise, how often do you call. Don't fold.

umm...a lot [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] 80%/20% i guess.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:26 AM

#1: Doesn't seem like you get to get both multiway action and to see the flop for one bet. So I'll fold.

#2: I raise.

#3: I would normally just call this, but here raising seems like a good thing to when looking at the opponents.

#4: I fold.

#5: Limp

#6: Limp

#7: Fold

#8: Really depends on the other players and what I feel for. UTG I've mostly limped, but I aim for raising more preflop and this is one of the hands I'll probably raise more often.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:52 AM

Hand 1: Limp
Hand 2: Fold. I'd raise from MP3.
Hand 3: Limp
Hand 4: Fold. I may call if I'm tilting
Hand 5: Limp, occasionaly pop it.
Hand 6: Fold
Hand 7: Call
Hand 8: Im about 50-50 raise-limp
Old 04-26-2005, 11:27 AM

1) Limp in, call CO raise, fold if it's 3-bet. I want to see a flop cheaply with this.

2) Raise. Not a hand I want to go multi-way with.

3) Limp, put pillows in back pocket, prepare to get ass kicked.

4) Fold. I'm not going to a gunfight with only a dull knife.

5) Fold.

6) Raise. I'm not afraid of bullies, but I'll deal with the BB if he calls, or if Button raises and BB calls 2.

7) Fold. I don't care what MP1 has. See #4.

8) I'm about 1/2 and half on this UTG. It depends on my reads of LPs.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:31 AM

These are so much fun. Again, I haven't looked ahead.

1-Fold
2-Raise
3-Call
4-Fold
5-Fold
6-Call
7-Fold
8-Raise it all the time.

How'd I do?
Old 04-26-2005, 11:42 AM

hand 1: fold

hand 2: fold.. close to a raise, but the players are a bit too loose and aggro.

hand 3: limp

hand 4: limp if i have good implied odds with these opponents. i'd prefer J9s here.

hand 5: limp with a tight image, fold if my image is currently too loose. depends what i think i can accomplish postflop vs these guys.

hand 6: raise if the button will fold consistently. BB being tight helps.

hand 7: fold, you need connectedness to call.

hand 8: similar to 99.. varies by image and table.. say 50/50 or 67/33 for raise fold. at 1/2+ i'm more inclined to raise than at .50/1.00.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:20 PM

F, L, L, L, F, L, F, L

I never raise KJs UTG.

-d
Old 04-26-2005, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1
MP3 - Unknown
CO - Too tight, aggressive
Button - LA-P
Blinds - Unknown, seem loose-passive
Folded to you in MP2 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I fold.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2
2 LAGs and some fish and a solid playe round out the action behind you
Folded to you in MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]
meh. i'd fold. i don't like ATo

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 3
58/6.5 limps UTG, as do a LP fish, a LAG, and a semi-loose calling station
You have Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the button.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend towards just folding this. Fewer limpers, and I raise if I can knock out the blinds.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 4
Same LAG, and calling station from previous hand limp to you in the CO. The blinds are a tight player, and a moran.
You have J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I am torn between limping and folding. I tend toward folding. J9s I limp, so its clsoe.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 5
Decent player and 69/3 Fish limp in EP, the same blinds are behind you as in hand 4.
You're in the CO again with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] this time.

[/ QUOTE ]
I fold.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 6
Super Loose EP, is joined by his LP twin. Button has been bullying you a little, and the SB and BB are a little loose and a good player respectively.
CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I raise.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 7
A 36/9 with seemingly no deep understanding of position open-raises in MP1. Cold-called by a horribly loose player in the SB.
You have 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the BB

[/ QUOTE ]
Fold with a vengence.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 8
UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] This is more of a breakdown than a play. How often do you raise, how often do you call. Don't fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe 50/50, maybe 70/30 towards raising. I like KJs.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:44 PM

Hand 1. Ideally you'd like to play this multi way, but limping may cause you to pay multiple bets due to the aggressive players behind you. If you're playing, I'd raise, but i might just muck this depending on my mood, image, etc.
Hand 2. Again, Raise or Fold. I'd lean much more likely to raise and hope only the fish call, which is probably a leak.
3. Call, too unlikely to fold out weak opponenets post flop if checked to you, since they (like goldfish) forget what happened 10 seconds ago and don't equate you with a preflop raise. Plus, at that point the pot will most likely be quite large and people will be sticking around.
4. I guess a call isn't too bad here. Don't think I'd raise, would muck a fair amount of time as well.
5. I'd probably just do the opposite of the last hand. Either calling or raising. I can see sprinkling in some raises, but don't think its my default.
6. Raise it and hope to fold the blinds and button, at least hopefully the button.
7. Call all day against these clowns.
8. How often I call and how often I raise really depends on the texture of the game. I'd guesstimate something like 50/50 as a default. At a table where everyone is calling regardless, I'd raise much less often. If my UTG raises are respected, I'd raise a bit more. I'd hate to get something like 2 callers behind me if i raise, an sb fold, and a bb complete though.

edit: looks like i'm the only clown calling suited rags OOP against ( what I read to be) crummy players. oh well . . . .
nice post though, by the way.