Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Never Impressed with Scotty Nguyen

your wrong baby. And your moneymaker and varconi reference doesn't make sense--when was the last time you saw varconi final table? When was the last time outside of 1 WPT have you seen moneymaker since he won? How many WPT final tables has he made? The same plays you see him make and lose at the final table are probably the same ones that got him there in the first place.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whenever I see him in tournaments

[/ QUOTE ]

Please save your citicism's for those players that you don't see in tournaments since they get knocked out in the early going.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:12 PM

I see where you would think he doesn't play that good by his obvious bad play at the final tables of many wpt events. But he is a good tournament player. He consistently gets deep in many tournaments(not just nl either). So you have to give him credit for getting that deep and making these final tables. But i agree he has played bad at some of the wpt tables we have seen. I don't know if this is the alcohol, but possible. Although he got to the final table drinking so don't know if that is the reason. So i would say he is a very good tournament player(makes mistakes, but his game plan to get there is very good). Now if you want to ask about his live game play that is another story probably.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:14 PM

You are wrong, and the Florida Gators suck.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For NL hold'em tournament players I would rate a lot of players ahead of Scotty Nguyen, he's clearly fallen off the play he had before the year 2000.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you talking about?

Could your threads be any more usless and full of completely made up facts and pointless opinions?
Old 08-17-2005, 05:25 PM

IIRC, he'd have had a decent shot at the final table in the '03 WSOP ME, got sucked out on and eliminated.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see where you would think he doesn't play that good by his obvious bad play at the final tables of many wpt events. But he is a good tournament player. He consistently gets deep in many tournaments(not just nl either). So you have to give him credit for getting that deep and making these final tables. But i agree he has played bad at some of the wpt tables we have seen. I don't know if this is the alcohol, but possible. Although he got to the final table drinking so don't know if that is the reason. So i would say he is a very good tournament player(makes mistakes, but his game plan to get there is very good). Now if you want to ask about his live game play that is another story probably.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on folks! It isn't the beer....

Scotty said it himself..it is Shana's presence that brings him down...the man is smitten.

If this Courtney Friel girl doesn't float Scotty's boat next WPT season, its a new ballgame, baby!

Frank
Old 08-17-2005, 06:29 PM

He finished 18th or 19th, I think. Still, he has the ME in 1998 and four (?) other bracelets; that's gotta count for something.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've always felt he's very good, but either gets impatient or a little intoxicated and then starts doing stupid things. It also seems recently that once he reaches the final table he's not doing the things that probably got him there in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]
The one time I played with him(Bay 101 Shooting Star) this was definatley the case.His early and mid tourney play was amazing and scarey.He was also relaxed,focused and sober.On day two however,he got cocky and reckless as well as drunk.
Yeah,yeah,way too small of a sample size.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:08 PM

yup you're wrong. save yourself from looking like a tard and do some research before you post and dont judge everything by what espn feeds you. im not impressed by this topic but i agree with your screen name. f the gay-tors.