Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2004, 05:17 PM

Default Re: 2/4 - T8s in SB...

well, i mean against most people the only time this works is when he has a lower flush. if he has less than a flush, he will probably muck to your raise; if he has you beat, you cost yourself the maximum.
Old 09-28-2004, 05:37 PM

I don't like the turn reraise. If he has the set, he can blast you with an enormous reraise that you can't call, and you want to see a river card. (It's a tiny pot, and he's unlikely to unload on you here, but why risk it with a drawing hand? You're certainly not going to get him to fold unless you make a bigger raise.)

On the river, I would bet out 1/3-1/2 pot and fold to an enormous reraise.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:26 PM

im putting him on diamonds ALOT less often than you guys

i can see a wide range of players betting out small then min raising you twice with a big made hand, but not a drawing one. barring the possiblity that he is a complete idiot, why would he be value raising (as opposed to getting some fold equity with a big reraise or push) on a draw here? i think its obvious he sucks, but i cant think of a drawing hand that even the worst player would play the turn this way

you guys really think his hand isnt strong enough to c/r? the only reason i might not c/r is the fear of it getting checked behind.. and he seems dumb enough and in love with his hand enough to bet the river.

thoughts?
Old 09-28-2004, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I kind of favor leading out on the river and folding to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

one more addition. do you think a guy that min raised you twice on the turn is incapable if ever raising you with a worse hand on the river? it takes a special type of player to make that play, and there seems a possibility, however remote, that he would raise you on the river as well. this arguement seems alot less important than the other ones in the previous post, but agree/disagree?
Old 09-28-2004, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well, i mean against most people the only time this works is when he has a lower flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

of course. but is this guy most people, based on this flop and turn play? thats one of the worst flop/turn lines ive ever seen
Old 09-28-2004, 06:49 PM

I agree...

I checked because I suspected I was likely to get raised on the river if i led out for a "blocking bet" or whatever...
I said he was tricky agressive, and the only other decent player at the table. But I didn't say he was anything too special. I think he played the hand rather poorly, my mistake looks to be on the turn with raising. He had a chance to move me off my hand with a bigger raise and I should have just called. The reason I say tricky agressive is because I had seen him make plays like this earlier in the night. He ended up on the good end of them, but it was tough to figure out what he was up to. He tried to apply way too much deception to his game, which is why the river check/call seemed clear. I really did think I had fold equity on the turn ~ oops ~
Old 09-28-2004, 07:22 PM

you do know the board is paired, right?
Old 09-28-2004, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you do know the board is paired, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

good lord. i even checked like 4 times to make sure it wasnt, but saw so many cards at the top i didnt scroll all the way down to the river. ummm yea, so the river c/r is horrible huh
Old 09-28-2004, 07:27 PM

Heh, so disregard all previous advice in your posts then I take it?
Old 09-28-2004, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Heh, so disregard all previous advice in your posts then I take it?

[/ QUOTE ]

ha, well just the river stuff. the hand is more interesting if the board doesnt pair though and only brings the flush [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]