Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 11:29 AM

Default Re: I just got owned and laughed at

I think you played it fine. I am only checking the flop so I can C/R. The Button in a steal situation can gladly show me A-K. Maybe because he capped PF I might give it a second thought, but unless the flop comes something like:

A J 10

I am getting to showdown. You played fine, I too would love to know who the BB is, he is apparently a giant dick.

Joe
Old 10-28-2005, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nah. it works out to the same either way. 2 bets on the flop and 1 on the turn vs 0 bets on the flop and 2 on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

did you misread the action or are you really leading the flop into a fish cap?

[/ QUOTE ]

he should've bet the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

who is "he"??

I'm confused at how two bets would ever go in on this flop, if you are hero. hero bets expecting a raise, or hero check/raises? doesn't seem right.

totally confused, sorry
Old 10-28-2005, 11:44 AM

In a five handed game, you don't think the button caps alot of hands that you beat on that flop?

JJ,QQ,KK,AA,AJs+

This is why I checkraise, because I am way ahead fo everything except A-K and AA (extremly unlikely with only one possibilty left) and I can't imagine the button doesn't bet all of those hands on the flop.

And because the button 3-bets (the flop) with A-J, A-Q, A-Qs, A-K and A-Ks, more hands that I chop/beat and then are beat by, I am going to showdown.

IMHO, this is not the time to make a "great laydown".
Old 10-28-2005, 11:45 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

AQ should bet the flop.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
AQ should bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

well I guess you can just let this die, but I don't understand how this isn't a WA/WB situation that you would just want to c/c,c/c, bet.

we just got capped by a fish. he isn't going to be betting KK/QQ/JJ for us but you think he'll just call down, is that your thoughts?
Old 10-28-2005, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well I guess you can just let this die, but I don't understand how this isn't a WA/WB situation that you would just want to c/c,c/c, bet.

we just got capped by a fish. he isn't going to be betting KK/QQ/JJ for us but you think he'll just call down, is that your thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]
You're ahead very often here, too often to use WA/WB.

I am curious about the flop c/r line, though. I would think that forceful of a move would fold out PPs, all of which you're fine with betting your hand for you. Do you think weaker A's make up enough of his range to make the c/r (to which he'll call down all the way with an A but fold PPs on the flop or turn) better?

EDIT: FWIW, if I had Ax here, knew you were a 2+2, and you used c/c/b line, I'd raise you hoping to fold out your better A, figuring you'd fold most any A except AK. Bad?
Old 10-28-2005, 12:34 PM

PF is capped and flop isn't bet? How nice of him to give you a free turn.

Nah, you lost about as little as you could.

AQ pays off AK as usual.

I dont think there's a fold here, ever.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:48 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

problem is you miss bets against KK or QQ. I often say things like "don't think of things as simple as WA/WB" for reasons like this. the game is way to complex to do something all the time in a given scenario. if you had position, then you could employ a "call down but bet if checked to" line and it would work. but here you give up too much when behind.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
problem is you miss bets against KK or QQ. I often say things like "don't think of things as simple as WA/WB" for reasons like this. the game is way to complex to do something all the time in a given scenario. if you had position, then you could employ a "call down but bet if checked to" line and it would work. but here you give up too much when behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that last word supposed to be "ahead"?

/mc
Old 10-28-2005, 12:51 PM

A loose fish if he is aggresive at all they are liable to do anything at any time. I lead the flop and three bet a raise.

The way you played it by missing your C/R (which I think is also fine) I three bet the turn. AA or AK vs KK QQ JJ TT AJ AT I think possible for all to play like that.