Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2005, 06:12 PM

Default Re: AJo in BB vs a Button Raise

I was being sarcastic. This should be a check-raise every time. Of course, if for some reason you misread your hand, or misclick, and end up checking, then continue to play.

TSP
Old 01-06-2005, 10:40 AM

I was being sarcastic.

Oh, my bad.

Luke
Old 01-06-2005, 12:54 PM

You're playing a bit timid on this one. Raising preflop is much better than calling. The UTG limper is looking for a family pot most of the time (he could also be limp reraising). The last thing he wants is to be facing 2 bets against just 2 opponents. Make him pay to catch a middle pair. The button is probably just trying to isolate the limper. There are a _lot_ of hands he could hold that you dominate (KJ, QJ, JTs, AT, A9, Axs ...). Even though his PFR is just 10%, it'll be a lot higher in this favorable spot.

I wouldn't fold this hand to any heads-up betting. He could raise you with any 2 of KJTd or 2 of KQTs, even JTo if he thinks you're likely to fold and he's picked up a double-belly buster. Heck he could raise with any Q, hoping to push you off Ax, otherwise check behind on the river for a same-price showdown.

cheers,
highland