Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2004, 06:20 PM

Default Re: US Troops Reportedly Gassing Fallujah

Reminds me of the "massacre" in Jennin and even the UN eventually admitted that was bullshit
Old 11-10-2004, 06:27 PM

Rabble Rabble Rabble!! You said something that I don't believe!! You are wrong and stupid!!
Old 11-10-2004, 06:55 PM

As an OIF vet who was his Troop's NBC officer over there (in the Ramadi/Falluja area, nonetheless), I can say, unequivically, on my mom's grave, that we NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER possessed any kind of chemical weapons, let alone had the moral depravity to use them. I feel like I've downed a gallon of nerve agent laced Kool-Aid even responding to a such an outlandish and preposterous charge. Al Jazeera saying this or something?
Old 11-10-2004, 07:04 PM

This strikes me as bullshit. At the very least a significant exxageration.
Not that our side doesn't lie plenty.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Al Jazeera saying this or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if you are refering to me or the origianl poster, but the reason I made my post was that I thought it was humurous that most people's response to the original post were so emotional.

I actually have no clue as to whether the U.S. army would use gas like this. I've never been in the U.S. army, I realize that the media can be wrong, I've never seen an American chemical weapons plant and what they make and so forth. All I can say is that it would seem that Americans wouldn't use gas, as the cons outweigh the pros.

But notice here that I have not made negative remarks about the intelligence of the original poster and have stuck to a logical argument. I also used logic to come to a conclusion, not justify my beliefs with logic. Well I tried to anyway.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:08 PM

Islam-Online.net is like TheOnion.com, just not as believable.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:08 PM

Highly, highly unlikely. If some of our posters were there they may use nukes [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img], but thank god they are not. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

But, it was predictable that there would be stories like this and these will incite the populace into action. Just as our propaganda gets some of our fellow posters all worked up in a lather about Islamists.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:18 PM

So wait, the US press is in and around Fallujah, yet no one other than islam online has reported us gassing civilians? Do you really think that the American news media would be so worried about upsetting the nation and the world that they would not break this story and rake in all the ad revenue it created? I think that's giving them waaaay too much credit.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:24 PM

We have a new champ at foaming at the mouth on this forum. I didn't think anyone could outdo jokerswild but it just goes to show ya. Move over jokerswild, ChristinaB is the new foaming at the mouth champ.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But, it was predictable that there would be stories like this and these will incite the populace into action. Just as our propaganda gets some of our fellow posters all worked up in a lather about Islamists.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally, someone got it.

This kind of reporting in Iraq and other Islamic countries is what we are up against. I thought you would like to know.

Amazingly, most of you thought I buy into Islamic propaganda. Typical presumptive stereotyping. Notice, I made no comment in the original post.

But you can imagine what civilians in the Middle East who read this will think about the US.