Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2004, 04:21 AM

Default Re: Shame on the Eagles

Amen, Cola. The Eagles already lost their best wide receiver to an injury. Why should they risk another superstar player by forcing them into a meaningless game just because "the fans deserve it?" Screw the fans. Philadelphia has one goal on their mind: the Super Bowl. Resting their starters is a fundamental necessity in order to attain that goal. And trust me; if and when they do win the Super Bowl because McNabb got extra rest, I'm sure "the fans" will forgive the loss to the Rams back at the end of the regular season.
Old 12-28-2004, 04:25 AM

I am an Eagles fan, and of course I was hoping that we would win the game and ruin the Rams playoff chances. But, I was hoping that we would do that without our starters, and I would much rather aceept the loss than an injury to Donovan, Westbrook, etc. It makes no difference whether the Eagles go into the playoffs at 15-1 or 13-3 as long as they are as healthy as possible. Andy Reid made the right decision by holding the better players out.

Sly
Old 12-28-2004, 04:56 AM

no shame on you. here I was, getting all excited about an eagles-bashing post, and I find not ONE mention of "life in the fast lane, dernununu nu nunu ner nu, bumpbump bump dernernunu nu nue nu nu, bumpbump bump-bump"
Old 12-28-2004, 07:15 AM

Why should the Eagles care about the Panthers or the Saints? Yeah, it sucks that stuff like this happens because it makes things unfair, but there's nothing that can be done about it, and to blame the Eagles for doing everything they can to increase their chances of winning the Super Bowl (as they see it) is ridiculous.

If the Eagles increase their chances of winning the Super Bowl 0.1% by not playing certain players, it doesn't matter what teams they screw over.

-Michael
Old 12-28-2004, 07:26 AM

I am still wondering how come the game wasn't more of a blowout then it was. I wanted the eagles to win and would love to see them in a superbowl, but they played horrible tonight (i know it was 2nd and 3rd string) and really hung in there for a while. But, I don't think it really matters if STL gets in. Because I don't see how they can go on the road and win in either PHI or ATL.

craig
Old 12-28-2004, 08:04 AM

We're just resting up for the playoffs....after what happened to T.O., we're taking no chances...black mark on the NFL my ass...the only thing last night's game proved was that the NFL is correct in giving themselves the power to change the Monday night games late in the season starting next year so the fans can avoid having to watch 3rd stringers play on national TV. I'm glad you hate the Eagles too, when we win the Super Bowl I'll be sure to send you a fruit basket...HATER!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

P.S. They won't be losing in the first round, they'll be resting up watching a couple 7-9 teams play teams with defenses so bad that a team of 2+2'ers could easily put up a 30-spot on. HATER!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2004, 08:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For the record, I live and die by the fortunes of the Ravens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww now it makes sense - still steaming over not getting T.O. huh.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Because T.O. said "I don't want to go Baltimore, I refuse to show up there, I want to go to Philly" - Awwwwwwwwwwww I bet you cried that day, HATER! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2004, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Eagles should be embarassed. That was not a football game, it was a black mark on the NFL. I hated the Eagles before, but I hope they lose in the first round now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, never before has a team who clinched HFA throughout rested its best players. Yawn.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What about the fans of teams like New Orleans and Carolina who are fighting for thier playoff lives? They play hard every game only to see the Eagles hand the Rams a win on a silver platter. Its just plain embarassing for the Eagles and for the league.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Eagles objective is to win the super bowl. They are not, nor should they be, concerned with other teams goals. I didn't see the game, nor am I an Eagles fan (or detractor). I don't even care much about pro football any more (college is another story, GO HOKIES!)

As a pretty disinterested party, your post really seems like whining from either an Eagle Hater or a fan of a team their loss hurts. I mean really, why would any team risk there stars in a game of no consequence to them? Moreover, why not give the backups some more playing time in the same situation when they may be needed in the playoffs due to injury?
Old 12-28-2004, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We're just resting up for the playoffs....

[/ QUOTE ]

You're on the Eagles? Uh oh. Better not let them find out that you bet on sports.