Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 04:56 AM

Default Re: An early draw

Also I think the river is a very easy bet. It seems very clear he doesnt have a full house. Checking too weak here, especially when they will call with an ace sometimes or any pocket pair.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I fold preflop here. Once youve called you need to play this hand strongly on the flop. I would move allin. The best thing about draws in these spots are that you have two chances to win. First you can make the best hand and secondly they can fold. You deprived yourself of the second way to win.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is where I really need to improve. Draws may not be made hands yet, but raising it up with them is almost assuredly correct.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:01 AM

There are many reasons to hate your call preflop, already mentioned. Surely, you are out of position and still nearly half the table is yet to act, so additionally, you are facing the possibility of being sandwitched.

On the flop, considering moving allin on a paired board doesn't seem like a good option. However, a case could be made for moving allin on this flop assuming original raiser puts in a large bet and your AQ is live and overcard to the board in addition to being four flush.

Muck preflop OOP, muck on the flop w/ paired board.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate AQ, I would just dump this pre-flop, especially since the raise was UTG, by calling you're just welcoming some other moron coming over the top. Plus, what hand are you beating here, UTG has got to have a pair or AK I would think. Its not worth it this early.

Then again I might give too much credit to Party 30+3 players ;-)

--LoO

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to add to my thoughts by saying that I 8-table now, so when I see AQ UTG+1 and there was a raise in front of me from UTG, I muck it without even blinking. It's definitely not worth the effort to try to figure out whats going on and have to play a tough hand so early with 7 other tables going. If you are just 1 tabling, you might be able to get away with just cold calling this. Still, it doesn't seem worth it to me on party cause you can steal blinds and be so aggressive later without even playing a hand early on.