Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 07:37 PM

Default Re: The old rock got angry at me (aka \"You called with a GUTSHOT??!?\")

What about asking him questions about how he would play a certain hand, almost as if you look up to him? Might soften him up a little. It might even give you a little information about how to play against him.

That, or ask him if they're hiring any more props since the ones they have obviously aren't very good!
Old 08-01-2005, 07:55 PM

Default Re: The old rock got angry at me (aka \"You called with a GUTSHOT??!?\")

[ QUOTE ]
When he starts to give you [censored] move to his left and start straddling his blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

He hated when people did that so much that I should have done this :P
Old 08-01-2005, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When he starts to give you [censored] move to his left and start straddling his blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems as good a place as easy to ask this. Did you pick that zeus picture because it's from AOM or did you just like the picture?
Old 08-01-2005, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems as good a place as easy to ask this. Did you pick that zeus picture because it's from AOM or did you just like the picture?

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the developers of the game PMed me to ask me this. No, I just like the picture, I foudn it on a website, although I did win a copy of AOM at a CS competition and played it a bit. (that's right, I'm a nerd.)
Old 08-01-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the developers of the game PMed me to ask me this. No, I just like the picture, I foudn it on a website, although I did win a copy of AOM at a CS competition and played it a bit. (that's right, I'm a nerd.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I spent a lot of time playing that game and would love to know which one PM'd you :P. I won a copy of halo PC in an AOM competition so i guess i'm a nerd too.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I spent a lot of time playing that game and would love to know which one PM'd you :P. I won a copy of halo PC in an AOM competition so i guess i'm a nerd too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll ask him if he wants to know who you are and have him pm you if he does [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Don't you love when these quotes get 6+ deep?
Old 08-01-2005, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll ask him if he wants to know who you are and have him pm you if he does [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Don't you love when these quotes get 6+ deep?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes. And thanks. Although i guess it doesn't matter that much.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:16 PM

Just grin and deal with it. Or you could ask him how big the pot would need to be on the flop for him to call, then point out exactly why whatever he says is too high [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2005, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

After that point he would pay special attention to everything I did. He even isolated me once or twice when I raised in MP...and essentially raised the stakes of the game. He started playing back at me...and although I ended the day up a ton, I was making less money in the end when he started to play back at me, and it sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should worry about this part.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:36 AM

That was hte point of my post [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]