Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 01:12 PM

Default Re: A3s from sb

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check call...

He still has us beat enough of the time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whether you are beat or not isnīt really the main factor when deciding between check-call or bet on the river out of position.

You think he will bet more that you are ahead of if you check than he will call if you bet, assuming that he wont bluffraise if you bet ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Trix, could you explain this a little more. i can't really get my head around the wording but given the advice you gave in my other thread i figure its something i should be looking into.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Check call...

He still has us beat enough of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether you are beat or not isnīt really the main factor when deciding between check-call or bet on the river out of position.

You think he will bet more that you are ahead of if you check than he will call if you bet, assuming that he wont bluffraise if you bet ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I wasn't thinking. I was arguing against the obviously wrong check raise. Betting the river seems good. Although I would hate to have to call his river raise (I am not folding). Luckily, he doesn't have two KT, AT, KT, or any trips almost ever, as he woulda 3-bet preflop. I think he might have a K or T more often than a A (both because there are more hands that contain a K or T, and because we own one of the A, thereby lessening his chances of having one), and although he is agressive, he may just get scared and check the river. Also, if he does have a K or a T, he almost certain is calling the river.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What does people do on the river if itīs
2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ?
2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check/call both.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What?

ReadingComprehensionMan
Old 11-17-2005, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You think he will bet more hands that you are ahead of if you check than he will call if you bet, assuming that he wont bluffraise if you bet ?

[/ QUOTE ]

What?

ReadingComprehensionMan

[/ QUOTE ]

Isnīt that the line from TOP?