Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Re: I need PROOF!

[ QUOTE ]
It has nothing to do with ICM or anything like that It has nothing to do with ICM or anything like that (actually it isn't really a 'strategy' at all).

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspect you just don't understand what ICM means (which is OK, btw). First, ICM is not a "strategy". Second, anyone who has a strong ROI over long enough samples, is "using" some form of ICM, or a similar model, wheather knowingly or not.

As for having a style that is "a bit different" than normal 2+2 style, well, surprise, but there is no 2+2 style. There is an approach to the game and for many basic situations which you might call "2+2 style" maybe, which is nowadays basically the ICM oriented bubble/ITM game, but you must understand that people can be (winning) 2+2ers and still play rather differently, especially in early levels.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:31 PM

I posted this earlier today in response to an O8 ROI thread.

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, if you get anywhere close to 50% long-term playing the O8 11's, you're wasting your time. That's part of the reason the argument about the max attainable NLHE ROI at the 11's is unresolved, and usually treated in a highly theoretical manner. No one with the skill to beat the 11's for a huge ROI won't be able to make tons more money by moving up to the 33's or 109's, even if their [ROI] drops.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW you'll get your 30%-through-1000 screen shot. I'm sure someone's done that.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:32 PM

I forget who, but somebody posted that they did 38 or 39% over more than a 1000 games a while back.

I believe Lorinda has done over 40% for a lot of games, but I don't know how many. I doubt you'll get a screenshot of her records.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:35 PM

30% is definitle attainable. I play mostly $50+$5 SNGs and have a ROI of 26% so far this month (all be it only 317 tournies). If I hit the magic 40% by the time I get to 1000 games, I'll let you know. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

(If I knew how to attach files to posts I'd show you)
Old 07-26-2005, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Hit the print screen button (Prt Scr).

2. Open Paint, go to edit and select paste and save the file to the desktop.

3. Type in free image hosting in google and find a free server to post your pic.

4. Post it here as an image.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Hit the print screen button (Prt Scr).

2. Open Paint, go to edit and select paste and save the file to the desktop.

3. Type in free image hosting in google and find a free server to post your pic.

4. Post it here as an image.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. On other message boards you can upload a picture file directly, and I didn't see an option for that. I guess it has to go on the web then. Pah, can't be bothered...you'll just have to believe me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2005, 06:36 PM

Disturbing avatar. Do you know who the fighters are?
Old 07-26-2005, 05:48 PM

I love this post and the responses so far.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok I am tired of everyone saying that a 40% ROI is possible over an indefinite length of time. There is no way I buy this. I have never even heard of a single poster on this forum who has claimed a 30%+ for a 1000 tourney sample (at any level). If anyone can give me a screenshot of SNG/Poker tracker with a 1000+ tourney sample and any ROI above 30% I would greatly appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen a few players state this for the lower levels and it is entirely believable. I mean, do you really think that if Curtains, Raptor, Adanthar (name any other top player) wanted to slum on the 11s, they couldn't be over 30%? I hate to get involved in this because it turns into an e-penis measuring contest. I know for a fact that an ROI over 30% at the 11s is possible from personal experience. I don't say this to brag, because if I was any good at poker I wouldn't be playing the 11s. (That and I used my B/R for stuff like building a deck, going on vacations, etc and I was content with the steady extra money with low variance while learning to play.) Obviously I understand that a player at the 50s with an ROI of 8% is better than me, so I'm not bragging, just answering your question. I don't use Pokertracker, so I can't "prove" this with a screenshot. (I also don't care to prove it, since again, it's not anything to be proud of or anything.) I suppose if someone wanted to look up one of my screennames on Pokerprophecy they could see my ITM and do the math.

But anyway, Lorinda has stated that 40% is attainable on the 11s and it is totally believable. (Not that I am or was at 40% at any time.) To say that 30% is not attainable long term at the 11s is similar to claiming that the earth is flat, IMO.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:50 AM

Honestly I don't know if I could get a 30% ROI 8 tabling the $22s or $33s, but I could be wrong. The $11s I think there's a decent chance.