Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 11:10 AM

Default Re: Chicago Poker Championship @ Resort\'s East Chicago (Aug 1-14)

[ QUOTE ]
i asked to see a copy at the room. starting with 2000 chips and 25/50 blinds for a 500$ buy in is ridiculous. I remember the first 3 levels are

25/50, 50/100 and 75/150. So you need to make a move fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anybody have more info on the blind levels after 75/150? Are they using antes? I saw that levels are 15 minutes for the sats, 60 minutes for the main event and 30 minutes for everything else. I agree, structure looks brutal...

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:58 PM

I'm going to the 3pm one today. I just called and they said I couldn't put my name on the list. I asked if I had to be early, and they said as long as you're there before 3 you'll be fine. I'll be wearing shorts and a shirt that says "Barone Sanitation" on it if anyone will be there, say hi.

Jay
Old 08-01-2005, 08:23 PM

Default Trip report

I played in one this afternoon. It's $65+10 to enter. It is single table, though they run 5 at the same time (3 different times a day). The "satellite" is basically a 65+10 SNG, winner take all. You can use the $650 towards a ticket at one of the bigger events or just take cash. You start with t1000, 15 mins per level, and blinds are 25/50, 50/100, 100/200, 150/300, 200/400, and double from there. Its a very fast aggressive structure, even faster then the party SNGs I'm used to. On to the game.

I'm going to make this short, as it was short [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Seat 1&2 are too tight (for this structure) fairly young guys, one with blue hair and blue sparkly finger nails. He didn't look gay, he had more of a punk Bono thing goin for him. Seat 3 is laggy hispanic dude with shades (its hard to be too laggy with this kind of structure). I heard after he got busted that seat 4 was a radio guy from Q101 (big chicago radio station). Seat 5 is old indian guy wearing OR scrubs. I'm in 6, and 7-10 are all in their 20s and basically solid, though too tight, and not aggro enough for structure.

I flop top pair and take down a decent pot on the button early. First out is the Indian guy in scrubs who called big bets and was way too passive. Crippled on AQs that he missed. ~800 in the pot, and folds to a raise with only 150 behind on an 886 flop. He pushed the next hand with 4s, I isolate with AKo, and flop a K MHIG.

I hold QQ, raise, laggy hispanic calls, king flops and he bets hard. I probably layed down the best hand there. A couple hands later, unraised pot, 3 players, QJo im on the button. flop Jxx Bb checks, laggy hisp bets I push, he folds. A couple hands later he raises, I isolate with AQs, he shows TT (I was suprised his hand was even that good), I win the race.

Now I'm on a decent chip lead, and the cards get cold. A bunch of min raise shenanigans later, myself and seat 9 are way above everyone else. Short stacks fold away any hope of winning, and its heads up. We are about even in chips and seat 9 proposes a deal where 75% goes to first 25% to second. I agree. Long story short, he has AK I have KQs, his hand is good. I'm crippled and push trash, he takes down the win.

The dealer was named Glenn. Cool guy, and a pretty damn good dealer. As we are waiting to get payed he tells me when seat 9 wasnt listening that he thought I played good [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I take $162, tip $15, and about double up. It was a fun time. I've only played low limit LHE and it was fun to lag it up in a live game. Good times [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2005, 10:08 AM

anyone headed out today? if i get out of work on time i'd like to sit for the 3pm, but more likely for the 7. are the limit games gonna be any diff. this week with all the traffic?
Old 08-02-2005, 10:57 AM

Default Re: Trip report

Glen rules.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:17 PM

when did the satellites fill up, provided they did? i can't make it till probably 2:45 today and wanna make sure i get a seat.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:38 PM

What are the side games like?
Old 08-02-2005, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone headed out today?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not. I would've gone if there were a 17:00 satellite, but the 19:00 one is too late. Mrs. Lossage is leaving town, and the crapshoot that the satellite will certainly be is not worth spending no time at all with her tonight.

I'm idly wondering if the $5/$10 and $10/$20 side games will be better or worse with all the tournament business going on. I'm leaning toward thinking they'll be juicier.

+1 for Glen.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
anyone headed out today?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm idly wondering if the $5/$10 and $10/$20 side games will be better or worse with all the tournament business going on. I'm leaning toward thinking they'll be juicier.

+1 for Glen.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't listen to the radio, but i hear its being advertised on q101 and wlup, which leads me to believe there will be some extra juiciness. hopefully can get out of the office early enough to catch the 3 oclocks. i'll report back tomorrow, and may very well head back depending.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:12 PM

The 3pm I went to filled up right at 3. You will probably be ok @ 2:45. Make sure you have the Resorts card though. I didn;t have one and got there at around 2:45 and had to scramble to get one.