Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 10:52 PM

Default Re: Running Bad

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have been running really bad online lately, i keep going in with the best hand, and people keep sucking me out, occasionally i'll get a little ahead, but the next day i'll take another hit, i'm at the point now where i have one tournament entry left (even though i am mainly a limit cash game player) so i think i'm going to put it all on that, how do you guys suggest suffering through a bad run, don't get me wrong, i've run bad before, but this has been going for like a month or two. just my story.

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not meant to flame or insult you, although you will probably take it that way.

You are most likely not yet at the point in your poker game where you are a long term winner. Move down to the lowest stakes possible, and don't move back up again until you are beating those stakes for at least 3 bb/100 for 30k hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

3bb/100 is rediculously high and 30k hands is peanuts in determining a true win rate.

Drop down in limits and post hands. Keep improving. Play with in your bankroll. Etc
Old 08-25-2005, 05:54 PM

Play according to your roll using the 300 BB guideline.

When you attain enough to try the next level, go ahead.

After a few trips up and down the limits, you will find your comfort zone. I play whatever limit or game that the fish are in. From .50/1 hold em to 3/6 Omaha to 1/2 stud, whatever...

If my online roll is $1800 plus, I can do 3/6 or lower.

Also, I play 2,3 or 4 tables at a time.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:10 PM

yawn
Old 08-26-2005, 05:44 PM

I feel your pain. It is amazing how often you can get idiots to call you with inferior hands and then proceed to suck out on you. My advice (since I have gone through this many times in the past) is to move down in limits until you are able to get some confidence in your game back. Also, look at your raises. Are you raising enough to get people out or are you trying to string them along?