Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 06:21 PM

Default Re: Freedom of the Press..., unless you disagree with the Prez.

[ QUOTE ]

Given Al Jazeera's role as an anti-American propaganda organ, it is certainly a legitimate military target.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the most shocking opinions I have ever read. Are you losing perspective on the fundamentals of our civilization? Read their website, I think it is less biased than Fox News. If the US starts bombing independent media, I change sides in this battle.
AlJazeera
Old 11-23-2005, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Read their website, I think it is less biased than Fox News...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm reading it now, and you're plainly wrong. They don't even bother to differentiate between objective reporting and editorials. There's even a "conspiracies" section in which they explain how all the Jews got out of the Amman hotels before the bombings. Give me a break.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm reading it now, and you're plainly wrong. They don't even bother to differentiate between objective reporting and editorials. There's even a "conspiracies" section in which they explain how all the Jews got out of the Amman hotels before the bombings. Give me a break.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very biased, as is Fox News. I agree though that the commentaries are way out of line. The news section is not too bad.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:56 PM

news reports not biased please.....when they quote a us offical they place parentheses many of their responses...Ex: Gen Clark said " We have encounted some resistance in falluja with a few wounded us troops and and 10 "insurgent" casulties"
Old 11-23-2005, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
news reports not biased please.....when they quote a us offical they place parentheses many of their responses...Ex: Gen Clark said " We have encounted some resistance in falluja with a few wounded us troops and and 10 "insurgent" casulties"

[/ QUOTE ]

I never claimed it to be unbiased. I compared it to something extreme on the other side.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The news section is not too bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

????
Old 11-23-2005, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The news section is not too bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

????

[/ QUOTE ]

They actually quote/describe each side in most matters (Fox News often doesn't). They also allow reader's comments ranging very far (Fox news doesn't). You would never find the opposite of this on a Fox news website:

[ QUOTE ]
these dead people in the picture are saddam supporters, they are terrorists and criminals and i love watching there dead bodies.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-24-2005, 12:27 AM

Default Huh?

[ QUOTE ]
Well, whiskey, as much as I dislike many aspects/actions/policies of the Bush admin, the fact is that we are at war - and propaganda plays a role.

Given Al Jazeera's role as an anti-American propaganda organ, it is certainly a legitimate military target. However, anything so clumsy as bombing their headquarters in Qatar would certainly negate whatever benefit accrued from eliminating them.

Most likely this report is propaganda from terrorists or other anti-American elements; propaganda which Al Jizz is only too happy to disseminate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Propaganda organ?? So you think the insurgents have infiltrated Al Jazeera? Are you aware that they are based in Qatar, a country that has very good relations with the US? Can you please comment on how the insurgents have gone obout infiltrating Al Jazeera? It would be most illuminating.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:53 AM

Default Re: Warning over Jazeera bombing report

That says a lot right there...

the British press publishes a lot of stuff, and some of it is tabloid journalism, but to be legally threatened for publishing this means that there IS such a document, that such a claim WAS made, and if it hadn't, the govt. would have just denied it.

They've got to try to cover it up - but the cat's not going in the bag.

Anyone who thinks Al Jazeera is an Al-Queda lacky is full of [censored] - watch "Control Room" - They are covering Middle East news, and quite frankly, the US has been a major clusterf%*$ in the Middle East. Their audience is a Middle Eastern Audience, and they do as good a job if not better then the Faux News Network in catering to their Clientele, but then freedom of the press has always been a bit shakier in the Middle East - but they do the best they can.

If they choose to put quotes over "Insurgents" that's no different then our press saying "allegedly" - The Iraqi's killed by marines were allegedly firing on US troops when they came into town.

I'm surprised they didn't change it to Iraqi Freedom Fighters, fighting against an occupying power.

Ever notice how everyone loves Rebels - I think it's a Star Wars mentality - yes, join the Rebellion - but as soon as we become the Empire, it's "oh, Rebellion is bad - they're terrorists committing terror on their own soil vs. a legitmate occupying world power..."

If our country was invaded falsely under mocked up pretenses by someone as incompetent as the President, claiming freedom while setting up secret torture chambers, I'd be lobbing grenades into APC's as well.

RB
Old 11-24-2005, 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I There's even a "conspiracies" section in which they explain how all the Jews got out of the Amman hotels before the bombings. Give me a break.

[/ QUOTE ]

Link please?