Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2004, 09:18 AM

Default Re: In-Depth Review of WinHoldem Professional

[ QUOTE ]
7) Currently Ray Bornert, owner of Hixoxih Software has a Federal Tax Lien
against his person to the tune of $351,635 details can be found at
http://www.gsccca.org/search/Lien/lienindex.asp

[/ QUOTE ]

Not too sure about the $$ on this one...it does show the lien, but doesn't detail the amount. At least not that I could see on the site. Wonder where the number came from. OTOH, I don't really care either...I wouldn't buy it anyway, even if it did work well.
Old 07-18-2004, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not too sure about the $$ on this one...it does show the lien, but doesn't detail the amount. At least not that I could see on the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a full lien on the value of the home, which is public record. The actual judgement could be higher.
Old 08-13-2004, 03:46 PM

uh uh....in this test, out of the box this thing made .1BB/HR at the .50/$1 games?

With some tweaking and better codes (that can be shared on the internet), I think we could all agree (even those who hate it) that winholdem could make 1BB/HR at the soft .50/$1 level. If played continuously (which isn't a possibility) that would be $24/day or nearly $750 month.

So...lets say I only set the BOT to play 15 hours/day (to avoid detection) that is about $15/day or $450 month. Get 10 computers/10 accounts and you are making $4500 a month. Rotate the machines to avoid playing "everyday" and you can still probably easily make $3000/month.

This scares the crap out of me. Am I the only one?
Old 08-13-2004, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
uh uh....in this test, out of the box this thing made .1BB/HR at the .50/$1 games?

[/ QUOTE ]

0.1BB/HR? What was the sample size. You need a much larger sample to be "confident" in 0.1BB/HR than you do of a normal win rate. I moved off of .50/1 pretty quickly so it amounts for about 5% of my hands played. But I did play some recently when I wanted to try 4 tables, and when I wanted to build up a BR on a site I had cashed out most of my money. My WR was consistently at least 50 times better than this, per table, with little variation over time.

[ QUOTE ]
With some tweaking and better codes (that can be shared on the internet), I think we could all agree (even those who hate it) that winholdem could make 1BB/HR at the soft .50/$1 level.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a bit of a leap, especially considering the shortcomings in this area.

[ QUOTE ]
So...lets say I only set the BOT to play 15 hours/day (to avoid detection) that is about $15/day or $450 month. Get 10 computers/10 accounts and you are making $4500 a month. Rotate the machines to avoid playing "everyday" and you can still probably easily make $3000/month.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could still get caught. Or someone could find a pattern of weakness in your bot's play that would cripple its WR.

Or, you could just learn to play poker and make even more.
Old 08-13-2004, 04:54 PM

Default i think everyone here is missing the point...

ok, wow, you can get good and make money, yes, or.....you could get a great bot and have it play for you and make money while you.
a) go on vacation with the extra money you now have.
b) work and make more money.
c) watch tv.
d) you get the gist of it now i hope. my point is that you can make money doing nothing, would you rather make money doing something or nothing?

rj
Old 08-13-2004, 05:05 PM

Default Re: i think everyone here is missing the point...

[ QUOTE ]
ok, wow, you can get good and make money, yes, or.....you could get a great bot and have it play for you and make money while you.
a) go on vacation with the extra money you now have.
b) work and make more money.
c) watch tv.
d) you get the gist of it now i hope. my point is that you can make money doing nothing, would you rather make money doing something or nothing?

rj

[/ QUOTE ]
1) You underestimate:
- a) The amount of work and cost to maintain a fleet of bots
- b) The difficulty of getting a winning bot
- c) The chances of getting caught and losing a fleet of bankrolls
2) Work sucks
3) TV sucks
4) Cheating is bad
Old 08-13-2004, 06:30 PM

4) Cheating is bad

he does not underestimate/understand this part at all.

that's why he has absolutely no moral dilemma in "vacationing" while his bot plays.

so what if it is against the rules. rules were not made for ryan c jordan. they are for the rest of you suckers.
Old 08-13-2004, 06:59 PM

Dude, you've already got a bad reputation here, but seeing that you came clean and claim you don't do it anymore most of us are willing to let it slide. Then you post this garbage. You know what it sounds like to me? "Bots are great, and could be even better than my other cheating methods".

If you want to be a cheating scumbag, good for you. There's nothing I can do about it. but why come here a rub our faces in it?
Old 08-13-2004, 07:55 PM

Wow. Great post Brian.

Thanks.

I had a couple of questions/comments I hope you might respond to, since you seem to know what you're talking about.

1. Aside from WinHoldem, are you aware of other commercial products that work better? (I'm taking it from your post you don't think WinHoldem works at all.)

2. Don't you think a winning commercial product would destroy the game? I mean - if it was a winning product - it's hard to see how it wouldn't spread geometrically. Imagine all the people willing to buy the product, turn it on, and leave the room. The poker rooms would fill with them, and I just can't see how the fish - or anyone, for that matter - would want to stick around for that. Even just the rumor of bots would drive many people away.

3. Have you heard of Jonathan Schaeffer?

He wrote a checkers program called Chinook a while back, and he's working on poker programs now.

Supposedly his team is close to solving checkers.
Old 08-13-2004, 08:06 PM

Solving checkers? maybe John and his team should skip poker and move right up to high stakes Jinga or rubix cube.