Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2005, 04:38 PM

Default Re: increasing my stomach\'s capacity for food

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
drink as much water as you possibly can, like a gallon, and then just sit around.

do this every day.

[/ QUOTE ]

is this what worked for you? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't get it. am i an eating champion? i wish. i saw this technique on "gut busters".
Old 04-07-2005, 04:41 PM

my stomach must be enormous, because i can eat forever and ever. the strategy i have implemented to reach this capacity is years of overeating.

hope this helps.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been working out for the last 3 months, and have made some good gains. I was 145 to start and am now 157. I am not sure if it is because I have Crohn's disease or not, but I get full very easily, and then usually about 1-2 hours later am hungry. Is there anyway I can get my stomach to get bigger? I think it may have grown slightly bigger from working out and trying to eat lots. I am 5'9 if it matters.

[/ QUOTE ]
Its sounds like you would like to bulk so here goes:

Make sure you get lots of protein in your diet, around 2 g pr kg you weight.
If the problem only is with getting enough calories down, then ill suggest some liquid calories, try drinking a couple of litres of milk every day. If you can eat every second hour all of this shouldnt really be a problem though...

And remember: Squat, benchpress, and deadlift are the only lifts that matters [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

"Crohn's disease" I have no idea what this is so I can't comment specifically on that.

Btw a "blender" (hope thats the english word too...) can make wonders, blended food doesnt give you the feeling that you can't eat more.

But try upping your intake with a couple of litres of low fat milk a day to begin with. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2005, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you do not want to do this

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I do. my stomach is pretty small. A 12 inch sub and I am stuffed. I am trying to gain weight here so I need more calories, and it is very hard to be constantly consuming food, especially when you have exams and [censored]. As it stands now I have like 5 small meals a day. For the past 3 months I have eaten incredibly healthy, following Canada's food guide. I know more meals are better, but it would be good if I could have 5 big meals, that way I could gain weight faster, as I am still skinny. Also I don't get along with dairy to well, mostly cause of the crohn's so just adding in more milk won't do it. I have to force myself to get my 4 serving as is.

The cabbage and water look like intersting ideas, and at the worst they will just be good for me. thanks guys
Old 04-07-2005, 09:02 PM

just drink non-diary calorie drinks or eat calorie bars. you can get like 600 calories in one little bar or drink.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

drink as much water as you possibly can, like a gallon, and then just sit around.
do this every day.

[/ QUOTE ]

works for me... but I substitute water for beer [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2005, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been working out for the last 3 months, and have made some good gains. I was 145 to start and am now 157.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are gaining weight consistently and if this is lean mass you are on track.

Whats the problem?

4 pounds of lean mass a month is actually quite good, I think there is some instant gratification needs at play perhaps.

If you are intent on gaining weigh at say the pace of 10 pounds of muscle a month stretching your stomach wont get you there....try a cycle of Winstrol-Testosterone or D-bol- Testosterone( yes I am being sarcastic).

Short of this its gonna be hard to put on much more than 5 lbs of lean mass a month for any real amount of time.

REMEMBER 5 lbs of mucle per month over a yr is 60! pounds...perhaps 45 if you give yourself some slacking weeks 2 times a year(exams/holidays/joints getting sore...)

Personally I think 25-30 lbs is excellent as a first yr gain, so you are already like 1/2 of the way there in my book.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

do this every day.

[/ QUOTE ]

works for me... but I substitute water for beer [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

drinking as much beer as possible has definitely increased the size of my stomach [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2005, 10:11 PM

you do not want to do this

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I do. my stomach is pretty small. A 12 inch sub and I am stuffed.

[/ QUOTE ]

is this not normal? i am overweight, and i would get full after a 12 inch sub.