Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2004, 03:16 PM

Default Re: R.I.P. signatures

i agree. if the missing sig pisses you off that much you def have more important issues to deal with than poker.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:26 PM

How are we going to make money now for doing absolutely nothing?......I guess I`ll keep my goverment job.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How are we going to make money now for doing absolutely nothing?......I guess I`ll keep my goverment job.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, or you just need the right private sector job [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2004, 04:52 PM

was there some sort of official 'explanation' given (not that i really didn't know).

also - just like the mods bust posts spamming affiliate deals...i don't see why they couldn't do this with the sigs as well.
i think it was getting pretty out of hand.....but i also think there was a general inacurate assumption that it was okay if it was just part of a sig.

i suspect all they really needed to do was declare that any affiliate mentions in sigs were not appropriate.

by the way, i would not have known who to contact about a decent rake-deal if it weren't for the sigs. so an affiliate here did in fact benefit from their spam-sig on here....but i'm a much happier customer as a result.
i understand the need to eliminate them, but it's where i first learned of the whole rake-back concept in the first place.
Old 02-07-2004, 07:55 AM

Many posters "respected" or not would post just to advertize sigs rather than post for genuine reasons.Why should 2+2 subsidize spam.I hated sigs with any offers of any kind..just oppurtunists.If you are an affiliate you should pay advertising costs like any other business..there are fixed costs.Many of these scumdog affiliates were just getting a free ride..I never understood it.2+2 now has become too succesful.This forum has become big business.
Good for them for getting rid of spam sigs..but to banish all sigs I think is incorrect.Many sigs contained interesting and entertaining info...that persoanlized things nicely.I never used a sig..but some of them were fun.
Seems to me more succesful 2+2 gets the more they are censoring things...I understand they need to protect their buisness from freeloaders but at the same time they still need to allow posters to differentiate themselves and enjoy the place..by adding a little spice..we dont all want to just become clones ...sigs ,pics etc..make it all a little bit more personal..
Old 02-07-2004, 08:02 AM

2+2 may have just gotten rid of sigs becuase it's easier.They dont want to have moderators constantly toiling away at editing the good from the bad sigs..so they just got rid of all of them..so it wouldnt be such a hassle to the moderators ..thats my guess.
Hopefully they will come back in some form..but if scumdogs try and sneak in spammy sigs ..you can't blame managment for this.This forum has become too damn big. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-07-2004, 12:39 PM

I agree with goodguy, on everything except one important point.

Yes, get rid of the affiliate spam, but don't ban the personal sigs. Lots of good, interesting and funny ones around. But! What I did object to his use of the word scumdog! Scumbags is generally the preferred useage.

Sincerely,
dogbags
Old 02-07-2004, 12:42 PM

Default 1st rule of IT, \"IF YOU BUILD IT, THEY WILL ABUSE IT\" (NM)

Old 02-07-2004, 12:49 PM

haha I kinda like the change. I think scumdog just replaced scumbag from here on out.

Old 02-07-2004, 12:51 PM

hehehe ..my bad I always mess something up [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

how's the move going to Hawaii going haoli(sic) ?