Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 10:05 AM

Default Re: Pumping up a big pot on the river without the nuts

The betting patterns of your 2 donks is really interesting here. MP is aggressive early with the A high board. Pretty easy to put him on it. When the turn A falls, he is probably "calling" to get overcalls - big mistake. BB is still hanging in there. spade on the riv - MP is calling down Aces (at best) and BB made his flush. I think you are good, and the turn is the inflection point as to who is second best. Neat hand.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:14 PM

*grunch*

It's hard to say without reads on BB.. is he the sort of person that would check on AJ or JJ in the BB?

I think I go ahead and 3-bet and call. I think we're going to see trip aces or a flush more often than a bigger full house or quads
Old 12-12-2005, 12:52 PM

grunch

Nice post! Tough one!

So the BB is tough to put on a hand. Did he backdoor a flush, have pair of two's or jacks, or have A2, A7, or AJ.

I think I have to stop at two bets because of all the possible BB check-raising hands the hero only beats two, the flush and the two's over aces fullhouse.

BBwise. You are getting 15:1 to call, more than enough to compensate for being behind, if you are. When you raise, you have to chance to lose two more bets when you are behind as well as drive out a potentially worse hand behind you.

my 1/5 of a dime