Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Re: 2+2ers suck

I think a much bigger leak right now, at least in 2/4 and below is 2+2ers overestimating their opponents and being much too timid in attacking. While the ego is there and could very much hurt a player as the limits increase and play becomes trickier, there is just far too much credit given to a tricky looking play which is clearly a mistake on the part of the "trickster."

Obviously someone should not be making decisions based on one hand, but checking the hand histories of key hands with LAGish opponents can be very telling as to their true nature.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
any player, 2+2er or not, who thinks they are beyond vast improvement, is doomed to certain failure.

[/ QUOTE ]

That about covers it.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:29 PM

This kinda seems like you are projecting your own shortcomings onto all of 2+2.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Very few of the better LHE players on 2+2 berate bad players. If someone is berating a fish it is pretty likely they are struggling overall.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not only the berating. A lot of 2+2ers think they are entitled to a good winrate because they are "great players" who post on 2+2. I thought so too until last month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well obviously you thought wrong. But he's right, most good players have moved on from the berating of other players.

One question though, as a long time "registered" member, and very sporadic poster, how the hell does this happen:

[ QUOTE ]
Reged: 05/12/05

[/ QUOTE ]

When do you play?
Old 08-18-2005, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This kinda seems like you are projecting your own shortcomings onto all of 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even know what this means.

Edit: Are you suggesting I berate fish? Or that I think I am the best player at the table? Neither of these things has happened in a long time for me.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:48 PM

I know that when it comes to the MVP posters on here that I'm sure we could all rattle off from memory there are some big exceptions, but I agree that having a title of "Carpal\tunnel" on 2+2 isn't some guarentee that a person will be a great player. When I'm watching/playing tables I often am curious whose a 2+2er and do some archive snooping, and I've always found it funny when people with <100 posts are at the same table, and often outplaying those with 2000+ posts on here. I by no means consider myself a great player or 2+2 poster, but I sometimes wish there was some sort a true post # count. Like I have 5000 posts, but my true number is 10 because 4990 have been direct quotes, "nh", jokes, insults, etc. and only 10 have been worthwhile posts. People on 2+2 need to realize that LAG is not a condemnation but a playing style that can prove very profitable for the few that can master it. He sucked out and you paid him off because that is his game. LAG players rely on catching draws and intimidation and favorable flops, doesn't make them any less of player because they gamble. 2+2 is a wonderful resource for players, but people can, have, and will continue to do it on their own with varyuing styles, etc.. And berating fish for bad play is simply stupid, especially online. How much effect can size 6 font on a little screen have unless you know them personally? Like the saying goes, "arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics. even if you win, you're still retarded."
Old 08-18-2005, 05:51 PM

This is nothing but another don't be a table coach post.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:57 PM

I like your analysis here. One thing "experienced" posters think they can do is flame other posters because of their superiority complex. I have already been flamed several times in this post by "experienced" posters, but I really don't care. I was trying to make a point about superiority complexes and they've further demonstrated my point.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:01 PM

I think that's just the best thing I ever read... Your post should be bronzed...
Old 08-18-2005, 06:04 PM

Closed Thread