Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2005, 08:53 AM

Default Re: I just don\'t get it...

No wonder I have no friends. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2005, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you read any of the books published by the company that runs this site? How about the one on small stakes hold 'em? jason has a helpful link for you above. Use it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I've read Winning Low Limit Hold'em, HPFAP, HOH, and I'm halfway through TOP. I've adapted a lot that I've learned to the $.50/$1 and $1/$2 5-6 max, and improved my BB/100 from 2.3 to what it is now by adopting an aggressive strategy and jamming pots when I have the best of it. I just don't see why this isn't appying to the $2/$4 table. I see people table garbage, so the level isn't much higher there than the smaller limits. Just not sure how to adjust.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

A-Baum = A-Hole.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow that's pretty clever. You probably think you're the first one to come up with that. You should be proud. Pat yourself on the back.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:57 AM

A-Baum, I'd like to introduce you to my friend VARIANCE. You'll be seeing a lot of him. Read Ed Miller's book on small stake's hold 'em.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:58 AM

Please die.

Or stop posting retarded replies like that.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

A-Baum = A-Hole.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow that's pretty clever. You probably think you're the first one to come up with that. You should be proud. Pat yourself on the back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chill. The f[/i]uck. Out.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:06 AM

If you are reviewing your hands that you have played at 2/4 and seen that you are not doing anything glaringly obviously wrong, then just take your time before making a judgement on your game there. Getting used to different levels can take a little while and adjusting to the different styles you encounter does as well. Keep plugging away with your game and review all the hands you are involved in. You sound like you are sensibly looking after your bankroll, so my advice would be patience and have confidence. Those winning sessions will come along if your ability is as you think it is, and once you get a few BB under your belt so you can consistently play at this level, you won't look back. There is a frustration in seeing a table full of relatively weak and loose players and all the money going everywhere except your seat I agree, but the best policy for these games is perseverance.

As an aside, the best book imo for the levels you are playing is the Ed Miller SSH book.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have played 5000+ hands of $.50/$1 and $1/$2 5 or 6 table max and done very well

[/ QUOTE ]

Come back after 40K hands and give us some stats to work with. 5000 hands is nothing. Some of us do that in a couple of days multitabling. Sorry I can't offer you anything more.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

A-Baum = A-Hole.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Chill. The f[/i]uck. Out.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right I should. And maybe you should have avoided this thread considering you contributed nothing to it. I didn't come into your thread, you came into mine.

Back to topic:
The only highly recommended book I haven't read yet is the Ed Miller one. If that is far and away the best small stakes poker book out there, then I shall pick it up. Maybe if I get good enough at poker, someday I can feel the need to invade threads on here and berate some inexperienced players. Ahhhh, that's the dream.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have played 5000+ hands of $.50/$1 and $1/$2 5 or 6 table max and done very well

[/ QUOTE ]

Come back after 40K hands and give us some stats to work with. 5000 hands is nothing. Some of us do that in a couple of days multitabling. Sorry I can't offer you anything more.

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem, I appreciate the post. Should I wait till I have a few thousand more hands before moving up, or before I start believing the statistics? I'm really trying to conciously keep tabs on my bankroll, so maybe I'll stick around in the basement of the limit tables for a while until I build up a bigger stack. That will tell me I am playing well, and well enough to move up.